• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Urges won’t listen.

Mal84

Mal84

Things are tough today, had a few days of feeling slightly better urge wise but the urges get stronger the longer I go. My head is constantly telling me to give in to those urges. I just need a break as my head doesn’t get that I’m trying not to listen.

Gone the longest I have in years without caving in and want to continue.

No point in the post, just needed to note it down somewhere.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
That’s the trouble with SH you have a few good days then fall back. Have you learnt any distraction techniques that could help you. Snapping a rubber band is quite a well known one. Also holding an ice cube till it melts. Keep posting and well try and support you thru this

Foxjo

Foxjo

Talking does help in my opinion. So please keep talking,
It takes a lot for those urges to go away, i know i've felt them. But with time and support you can get through this.
Hugs
Fox

Mal84

Mal84

That’s the trouble with SH you have a few good days then fall back. Have you learnt any distraction techniques that could help you. Snapping a rubber band is quite a well known one. Also holding an ice cube till it melts. Keep posting and well try and support you thru this
Sorry I wasn’t ignoring this, I just didn’t get any notifications.

I’m trying to find techniques so trying all sorts. Luckily today, the urges are calmer, had a horrible day of urges on Monday. Until recently I never even tried to deal with them safely so trying to find the way. I live with my not ummm understanding parents so I’m quite limited in what I can do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Self Harm Forum 2
Amber1964 Self Harm Forum 13
Amber1964 Self Harm Forum 13
Milomushi Self Harm Forum 3
F Self Harm Forum 2