• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Urges when doing a simple job

P

Purple butterfly

I'm just broken.....

Preparing chicken to cook for my niece and it's just too hard not too

myownveryone

myownveryone

Please don't, especially around raw poultry. I hope you have the strength to stay safe.

I get urges pretty bad when I'm doing simple things like doing the washing up. you'd think it would be a distraction but nope...

Also, all the best people are broken.

P

Purple butterfly

It's all cooking now washed what I was using but nope still having urges I can't concentrate on anything else

myownveryone

myownveryone

I've been struggling non stop like you for some time. It's hard, and nothing takes it away. I've been obsessing lately, and I'd love to help and give you something for you to work on, but I'm guessing you already know all the tricks in the book, and I can't even help myself.

I know what you're going through though. Try and keep yourself busy. Busy busy busy. if you don't have TIME to sh, then maybe you won't?

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I'm so glad I just read this - I thought it was just me that can't do simple tasks without thinking about sh!!!!