• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

URGENT amended letter - Please tell me if you think it's ok

S

skyblue

As you're already aware I have very little confidence and I'm worried about the spelling, punctuation and grammer in this important letter that I need to write to the Local Authority and School in hope to Appeal for a placement for my son.

I'm not making much sense at the moment, I'm still in a state of panic and believe I could now be in the middle of a mild mixed episode, I just hope it doesn't escalate.

I'm obsessing over this letter .
Please could you take the time in reading through this amended letter following my post last night.

I really do appreciate your time.

I shall call my son Ciaran K, because I'm paranoid over the net - sorry.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ciaran K - 29/01/99. St Martins School, Admission for Sept 2010

I am writing to inform you of the circumstances and error I had made whilst writing the original application forms for admission of the secondary school for my son Ciaran K.

Unfortunately, I understand that Ciaran has now been added to the second waiting list for your school. I have discussed this with Hazel Clark from the Local Authority and understand the reasons as to why, but I am very disappointed in the decision because of my situation. After explaining my personal circumstances to Hazel, she then advised me to write to you explaining my then situation in hope this could possibly raise Ciaran’s application to the priority waiting list. Hazel did mention that she will discuss my situation and help make a decision with yourself, Dr Nigel Darby, Chairman Geoff Morgan and other people involved.

I appreciate your time in reading this.

I suffer from a debilitating depressive illness called Bipolar Disorder and was admitted to hospital twice last year. Shortly after this time, I received and sent the original application form for Ciaran’s schooling, making a terrible error of not stating St Martins School on the form, which I now wish for as a first choice option. I was very unwell at the time and I vaguely remember filling the form out.

Hazel has advised me to attach a letter from my Psychiatrist explaining the mental state I was in at the time for proof.

Please would you accept an appeal by me regarding my son Ciaran and his admission to St Martins School and for him to be placed on the priority list, as I feel it would be a terrible shame for Ciaran to suffer because of my illness. Ciaran is within the catchment area and I also have strong reasons as to why I believe my son will benefit from your school.

My intention, as well as my son’s, was for him to attend St Martins School as a first option. I have made a terrible mistake and I hope that you can accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

Ciaran is a very gifted and talented boy who works extremely hard in all of his work and is also above average in all subjects. Ciaran has the potential to strive in every subject and has especially made exceptional progress in Literacy, Science, Maths, Art/Design and Technology.
Ciaran is very creative and has a passion for Art, I believe he will excel in Design and Technology which your school accommodates for, but also in any other subject too. His dream is to become a Designer. It would be a shame if this opportunity for him will be turned down over my mistake, I feel I would be letting him down and spoiling this great opportunity he could have with your school.

I will be sending a letter from Mrs Ferguson, his current school teacher from St Helens soon explaining Ciaran's progress in all subjects.

Please could you accept my reasons and apologies for the error I had unfortunately made. Will it be possible for you to inform me if Ciaran has a chance to be accepted on the priority list for St Martins School Appeal.

Please see attached a letter from Dr Vinnakota and as mentioned I will also be sending a letter from Mrs Ferguson to you shortly.

Yours sincerely,

Miss * *****

Encl. Letter from Psychiatrist, Dr. Vinnakota – Proof of illness

cc. Hazel Clark – Authority Team Leader

Last edited:
emski

emski

I just replied on the other thread hun - I think it's brilliant.

Just a thought - is your care co a social worker? Might be useful to ask them to have a look over it as well as they know more about these kind of things.

It's good though, skyblue, I hope you can see that too :hug:

S

skyblue

Emski, I've also replied on the other thread, it's all getting a bit confusing now lol - "OMG, did I actually smile !" ;)

Emski - I've seen my Care-Co and Gp this afternoon, both have given me some excellent advice.

I have felt alittle sense of relief. I have been told to increase my Seroquel and I have been given Diazepam to help if need be and some sleeping tablets too.

I have an appointment with my Psychiatrist in two weeks, and I need to discuss with him the mood stabilisers again. Both my Care-co and Gp were very concerned that I have cut nearly all my medication down without my Psychiatrists consent and they obviously do not want me to be admitted once again. They could see what is happening to me and I need to address my mental health quickly with medication again and stop messing about with them thinking I can do it alone when I so obviously can't.

I'm totally ok with this, I do not need another admission, I cannot afford to do that and lose control once again because of my family, children and for myself.

I'm not sure if i'm making much sense, but I've managed to finish the written appeal for my son's first choice which can be sent tomorrow. I can then take alittle breather until I do the real research for the panel which will be held in June.
I do though now have to concentrate on the 2nd written choice and have also decided to go for a 3rd as well - mad I know, but at least then, we can choose our options at a later stage and I will know I have nothing but my very best.

I know this is all going to be extremely stressful, but hey at least i'm managing and getting things done day by day, that's all I can do.

Thanks Emski for all your help, advice and support.

You've been such a great friend.

How are you feeling now Emski ?

emski

emski

You've been such a great friend to me too, skyblue - thank you. Things are still wobbly for me, but I've had a better day today than lately. Am just holding out for the psych appt next week. I need to keep resisting the urge to drink and just take the oxazepam regular for my anxiety, though I worry about benzos, I've been on them a few weeks now. Like you I feel I have been mixed mood lately, but I don't think enough of the high to be a clinically mixed episode. Ridiculous anxiety and agitation though!

I'm glad you've been seen today. Do not feel like you've failed because you couldn't stop your meds just yet - I've been there too, and at the end of the day we just have to go for the option that allows us to function well long term - sadly this might mean meds, but if it's reality and it works then it doesn't matter - it doesn't make us 'weak' or any less of a person. You are a great mum and wife and are doing all you can for your son and the rest of your family. You should be proud of yourself

Big hugs and several pats on the back :hug:(y):hug:(y):hug:

p.s. I'm glad you feel some relief and hope you get some sleep

Last edited: