• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

URGENT ADVICE PLEASE IM DESPERATE

angel1982

angel1982

Last week I started to not sleep 5 days so I rung the mental health nurse at the GP surgery she got me some diazepam. I felt they were playing mind games with me so I told her I didnt trust her and that the meds they have been given me were fake and they are testing me... she has called me every day and they have been plotting against me. Today she told me she wants to see me thursday morning at 8:30 in morning. Couldnt see me before Thursday. Now the local mental health team have phoned me to say they need to do an urgent assessment on me tomorrow or Wednesday... are they setting me up so they can section me... HELP IM SO SCARED AND FEEL LIKE RUNNING AWAY

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I figure you wanted the diazepam and now you are hyper-paranoid that they suspect this.

Z

Zoe1

hi angel

they will not section you unless you are a danger to yourself or someone else '
hospitals are desperately short of beds
and they will do their best to treat you in the community

hopefully with a light sleeping pill

try to prepare what you are going to say to them
and maybe look for some legal advice as well if you can

:grouphug: 🕯

angel1982

angel1982

No I didnt want diazepam. I rang her to say I was struggling and zopliclone wasnt working and that I was given fake medication... I wanted them to give me some new medication.. I have always taken my medication but I've had some really stressful situations lately which has triggered my mental health. I have been stable for 12 years now with my medication so I know they have given me fake pills.... please dont judge

angel1982

angel1982

hi angel

they will not section you unless you are a danger to yourself or someone else '
hospitals are desperately short of beds
and they will do their best to treat you in the community

hopefully with a light sleeping pill

try to prepare what you are going to say to them
and maybe look for some legal advice as well if you can

:grouphug: 🕯
I told them today that I wanted to plan support for my parents if anything was to happen to me.. like you would with any illness... oh god I think I have said to much... they have been worried about me going to work as I support vulnerable people and they said they were worried that I coukdnt deal with the crisis situation.. I told them I had to go to work... i need to go stay with a friend somewhere.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Hi angel.
They won't have given you fake pills, but you might have slipped into a new episode by the sounds of things. Suspecting that others are plotting against you is a sure sign of delusional thinking and the fact that this comes as you've not slept is another sign. I appreciate that you may not feel the same way, but that's how we all tend to be when we're in an episode, don't we.
They will assess you, probably say you are unwell, and hopefully offer some meds (are you on anything at the moment?) My advice would be to relax, don't assume they are trying to harm you or trick you; they are there to help you, so accept the help and don't worry.

angel1982

angel1982

Hi angel.
They won't have given you fake pills, but you might have slipped into a new episode by the sounds of things. Suspecting that others are plotting against you is a sure sign of delusional thinking and the fact that this comes as you've not slept is another sign. I appreciate that you may not feel the same way, but that's how we all tend to be when we're in an episode, don't we.
They will assess you, probably say you are unwell, and hopefully offer some meds (are you on anything at the moment?) My advice would be to relax, don't assume they are trying to harm you or trick you; they are there to help you, so accept the help and don't worry.

angel1982

angel1982

Hello

Yes I take quetiapine and mirtazapine. Yes you for everyone reply..

Wishbone

Wishbone

And you've been on those two meds for a while or are any of them new? Still taking them at the same dose? Any recent increases or decreases etc?

B

BoutonLune

ACCOUNT CLOSED
No I didnt want diazepam. I rang her to say I was struggling and zopliclone wasnt working and that I was given fake medication... I wanted them to give me some new medication.. I have always taken my medication but I've had some really stressful situations lately which has triggered my mental health. I have been stable for 12 years now with my medication so I know they have given me fake pills.... please dont judge
I have seen it reported that meds can stop being as effective after many years on them. Am I right that you are saying you have been on these particular meds for 12 years. If so, as well as what @Wishbone has said above, which makes sense and is good advice. Another thought as well is you may need your meds adjusting slightly. I can't say for sure, but these things are much more likely than being given fake meds.

I know it is difficult when you are in a place where you don't trust anyone, but it sounds like they are trying to help you.

As Zoe said there is a real shortage of beds in the mental health hospitals. So that really is a last resort. They will always try to treat people as outpatients where they can.

I hope you feel better soon :hug:

angel1982

angel1982

They increased mood stabilizer this week and changed my antidepressants last October

Wishbone

Wishbone

So your quetiapine dose has gone up recently and Mirtazipine is still the same? Stupid question maybe but can we rule out an honest mix-up between meds and ensure you haven't accidentally taken more of the Mirtazipine than you should have?

angel1982

angel1982

So your quetiapine dose has gone up recently and Mirtazipine is still the same? Stupid question maybe but can we rule out an honest mix-up between meds and ensure you haven't accidentally taken more of the Mirtazipine than you should have?

angel1982

angel1982

Yes that's right. No I never take wrong dose always careful as I know it can make you unwell.