• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Urged to get swine flu shot

BillFish

BillFish

Hi....got a letter through my door from the local clinic urging me to have the swine flu vaccine. The thing is I've asked my cpn if my immune system is compromised by RISPERDAL but she denies it. Yet my doctor is very keen for me to have it and says I'm in the vulnerable group.

Is anybody else here going to have the swine flu shot?
:rolleyes:

S

*Sapphire*

Everyone I know who has had that shot came down with a cold or a flu after getting it, that lasts on average two weeks, including my husband. But you have to weigh up the risks and benefits yourself and I would personally trust the GPs judgement on this over a CPNs.

iffybob

iffybob

eh

Depends on why, I got my letter yestaday, my appointments on th 18th.

I have none MH health issuses, that mean I need it.

Some meds compramise the breathing system, its not a prob if you are ok, but if you get flu your health could be at greater risk.

Go to the NHS web site, you should find info on the risk groups there.

iffybob

iffybob

oops ..... the MH meds are benzo's ( or benzodiazapine , cant spell it )
I cant have them any more (yipee), if you want to know why i have a journal.

sapph - was that seasonal flu or swine flue, cos I had seasonal flu about 4 days before I got ill, and ended up in AnE

S

*Sapphire*

boB no one knows anymore if they have seasonal flu or swine flu unless they have been hospitalised with it, as they are not testing the general population anymore unless they require hospital treatment.

iffybob

iffybob

oops

sorry my bad, I ment to say I had the seasonal flu "jab" about 4 days before AnE.

I realy need sleep, but not tried yet.

S

*Sapphire*

Same here, I am tired too and can't sleep. I'm hoping some lunch will wake me up and give me the energy to keep going!

thing fish

thing fish

i won't be having any type of flu shot or swine flu shot.
too much mercury in it for me.....i don't need neurological problems down the line.
no thanks

A

Akili

Piggy flu shots

Yep, a good cocktail of loony meds does keep us run down (it's why we look shite, instead of like Russell Crowe or Liz Taylor). Had both seasonal and swine flu cos of bossy gp. Both jabs laid me low for couple days, but hey, my last relapse cost me job, home, many friendships and five years of my life, so who's afraid of a little prick? Have it folks, cant moan about toxic content when we loading ourselves with psycho drugs like willing fools. The things I do for a bloody bus pass. (by the way, next year my council says it's only giving bus passess to mental crips if we on enhanced cpa). Let them try that on with the gun-toting physically disabled posse, they know how to get half human treatment. :evil: