• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

urge to self harm

B

BSamedi

I posted earlier but I suppose I must have been too graphic in my description as my thread was deleted, apologies if that was the case.

I haven't harmed myself for a long time now but the urge to do so again is so strong, life was so much easier to cope with when I was self harming.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gredge23

Ice cube the area u want to self harm and imagine you are self harming.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
First of all before anyone else posts on this thread (which will be edited soon) could they please look at this link
http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread25235.html

In case you can't read links please read this part,

We do not allow very offensive or harmful material, including explicit descriptions of self-harm methods, pro-anorexia posts and mention of specific suicide methods.

Specifics will be edited or deleted in line with guidelines, or at forum staff discretion.

We do this because research has shown that people can be influenced by, and often copy methods of self harm they have read about. Therefore for the safety of all our members we edit out all details of methods of self harm.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Now.

I'm sorry that the urge is so strong at the moment but please, please try your best to not self harm. There are many things you can do, including distraction and treating yourself to something that will bring your senses to life.

Of course keep on posting here (without the specifics) as well.

Marliee x

B

BSamedi

First of all before anyone else posts on this thread (which will be edited soon) could they please look at this link
http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread25235.html

In case you can't read links please read this part,

We do not allow very offensive or harmful material, including explicit descriptions of self-harm methods, pro-anorexia posts and mention of specific suicide methods.

Specifics will be edited or deleted in line with guidelines, or at forum staff discretion.

We do this because research has shown that people can be influenced by, and often copy methods of self harm they have read about. Therefore for the safety of all our members we edit out all details of methods of self harm.
Are you kidding me, the use of a single word is considered EXPLICIT DESCRIPTION, wow, I'm out.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
sorry, noone was shouting at you or anything. it is from the bit which says 'we edit out all details of methods of self harm'
i hope you don't leave over this. :hug:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry you feel like that, hope you come back when you feel a little calmer :)

x

K

Karl L

Hey Marlieebee
Hope ur ok? Feeling a bit stressed. Mind wandering a bit tonight. I was going to drink but after some sensible advice im not. I have the urge to harm badly. I have teddy with me but im not comforted by that tonight :(