• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

urge to OD

calypso

calypso

Admin
Victoria, just see it as an urge, not a reality. Hold on and don't let it wash you away with a momentum.

Feeling very depressed is so painful, and so exhausting, I really do know. But, keep talking to all of us and let the members support you. Make it through each hour. Hugs honey. xxx

StillFighting

StillFighting

Hi honey, I'm so sorry :hug1: How are you feeling now? :hug: Better? Worse? The same?

V

Viktoria

Thanks for the replies, it means a lot.
I'm trying to leave it at thoughts and get through each hour but it's hard.
I feel the same, I've felt like this for a week.

I told my dad yesterday. He said a penny for your thoughts, I said you don't want to know but he did so I told him. He's hidden the meds. It's enough to kill of at least 10 people. There's so much. I'm home alone now and searching for them but he's done a good job at it.

I feel worthless and alone and like no one cares about me :low:

StillFighting

StillFighting

I feel worthless and alone and like no one cares about me :low:
That's what sucks so much about depression.. I know this feeling, and I am so sorry you're experiencing it :hug1:

How is your daily schedule? Are you a student/working/unemployed/something else? (I'm only asking to understand better, but you don't have to reply of course)

I'm glad you trusted your dad enough to tell him :hug1:

V

Viktoria

Thanks again for replying :hug:

I'm unemployed. I help my dad out with work and I'm working on my uni application. I have an interview in a couple of weeks. I want to study in September for which I'll be moving to the UK (I live in the Netherlands at the moment).

I've suffered with depression since I was twelve and was first sectioned at thirteen and many times since. That does scare me, I don't want it to happen again.

How are you? X

V

Viktoria

I found another bag

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Please keep safe Viktoria x are you still home alone? Could you flush those pills down the toilet or throw them out or smash them into little pieces if your angry????
I'm here to talk x

V

Viktoria

Thank you sparkly
I'm home alone for another hour or so
I really want to I'm useless I can't think of anything else to do I think now is the right time x

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Mmmmm an hour, you could try breaking it down into smaller time slots - I have a list of distraction methods I use and I go through the list and at least try to do each one for five minutes, sometimes I don't manage 5 minutes, some I manage longer. Here's some from my list ;
Have a bath
Write a letter
Play some pointless online games
Come on the forum and chat
Call a friend
Go for a walk, even if just around the house
Listen to music through headphones
Pat my pets
Make a comforting drink / food
Tidy out a messy drawer
Watch some comedy
Do my nails/hair (I know when I'm getting desperate doing this one!)

Just break up that hour, focus on getting through small chunks x
I'm here for you hunny x

V

Viktoria

It's too late, I feel sick :low: but thanks for your kind post...

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Ok well now you need to take care of yourself xxxx can you phone your dad? A friend, or get yourself to hospital?

M

MYTIMEHASCOME

I
Mmmmm an hour, you could try breaking it down into smaller time slots - I have a list of distraction methods I use and I go through the list and at least try to do each one for five minutes, sometimes I don't manage 5 minutes, some I manage longer. Here's some from my list ;
Have a bath
Write a letter
Play some pointless online games
Come on the forum and chat
Call a friend
Go for a walk, even if just around the house
Listen to music through headphones
Pat my pets
Make a comforting drink / food
Tidy out a messy drawer
Watch some comedy
Do my nails/hair (I know when I'm getting desperate doing this one!)

Just break up that hour, focus on getting through small chunks x
I'm here for you hunny x
Hey lovely girl

I told u in a message how I wanted to end my life and your response was to tell me not to do it - which is really heartwarming as you clearly are in a bad place yourself - so I'd just like to say - although I don't know you really well at the moment I learnt enough in that one message to know your a lovely person and a caring person - so please don't do it - and feel free to message me if you want xxx

StillFighting

StillFighting

Viktoria, I imagine you're no longer alone at house? Hope you're safe and I'm sorry my replies have been a bit scarce :hug:

It's nice seeing here someone who lives in the Netherlands :) I wish you the best of luck with the uni application! I remember how nervous I felt when I was making mine, but also excited at the same time.

I understand you're scared, it makes sense; but you'll get through this, even if it doesn't feel this way right now. :hug:

I am a little bit better than the other night; I have my ups and downs, I'm trying to take it as it comes now, if that makes sense. Please, know you can PM if you want a chat or support. I'm thinking of you :hug: