• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

urge to harm myself

V

Viktoria

I have a really bad urge to harm myself or OD because I'm so stressed out. Anyone have any tips to get the thoughts out of my head?

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Have you tried doing something you like to distract you from it? Can be anything from reading to drawing to watching a funny or favourite movie. It's worth a try I don't think there is any way of getting rid of the thoughts just about managing them when they arise. I hope you manage not to harm yourself. :hug: xx

V

Viktoria

Thanks for your advice. I've tried to play a game but the thoughts just don't seem to want to leave. I really hope I don't end up doing something I regret afterwards.

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Remember thoughts are just thoughts you don't have to act on them. I know it's hard to put that into practice though. I think the more you try and push them away the stronger they seem to get it seems to happen with me too. The urge to hurt yourself will pass if you persevere hun I know that doesn't feel helpful at the moment. I hope you can stay safe. Thinking of you xx

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hi,
The only advice I have is to do something to distract yourself, and be kind to yourself in the process - go get some nice bubble bath, face mask, nail varnish, a good magazine, watch a favourite film, call a friend, write in a journal, watch some comedy - anything at all other than that!!!!
I know it's not easy though, I'm struggling too x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Have you been prescribed any PRN meds?
If i'm having a serious wobble and am too tempted, I take a PRN medication instead.
Along with a cup of tea and a good film or something.

I think it takes time to build up alternative resources to self-harm. I'm sure you'll get there. :hug1:

V

Viktoria

I've been admitted to hospital. It was just an appointment with the crisis team but they wouldn't let me go anymore. Hopefully just for one night
Thanks for all the advice

V

Viktoria

Sorry to hear youre struggling too. Hope you feel better soon.
Im still waiting to see a doctor. I'm pretty annoyed that I have to stay. It's 'voluntarily' but otherwise my Cto wouldve been changef to a section again.

Darkred

Darkred

Hopefully you won't be there long. :hug5:

V

Viktoria

Thanks for your support guys. I hope I can go again today.

V

Viktoria

She wants to keep me until tomorrow I said I disagree and I'm here voluntarily so i should be allowed to go I'm really annoyed

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm sorry your stuck there until tomorrow you should be allowed to leave if your voluntary. I hope you can get out soon thinking of you xx

V

Viktoria

I've been discharged but my dad is not happy about it