• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Ups and Downs

T

Tainted

Hello All

I have been diagnosed with Depression but wondered if anyone else has experienced simalr to the following:

I usually feel down, sometimes very down. A good day for me is usually feeling numb. I previously posted a thred regarding my disscontinuation of my anit depressant and mood stabiliser (of my own accord). Since then I have experienced a few ( what I would call very godd or high days). Do you think this could be because I am getting better or is it possible I could be showing symptoms of Bi polar?

I am still having down and very down days, but sometimes (today) I would say I am on a high. Perhaps it feels like a hight to me because I haven't felt like this in such a long time, or perhaps it is a genuine high. I feel really confident, I'm at work at the moment and keep trying to engage in conversations with peopkle. Whilst my concentration is still very bad ( hence not actually working) I feel very sociable and "silly".

Just wondered If anyone has an opinion as to wether I could be getting better or if there is an underlying issue.:D:D:D:cool::p

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Tainted

Unfortunately I can't diagnose, however I have had depression for many years but did get the odd day when I was very happy, giggling and laughing. I think most people do.

Now I am on the road to recovery I am having more and more of those days, and it did prompt someone to say that I was always laughing and joking these days, what did I think of Biploar?!
I explained to him that this was probably the real me that they haven't encountered before because I have been so depressed, that I am by nature very positive without the depression. I said that yes lately I have felt euphoric however it is because I am so happy not to have the weight of depression on my shoulders and clouding my every thought. I'm remembering what it is like to be happy. I am sure I will get used to being this way and won't feel quite so euphoric, but i'm enjoying it whilst it lasts. :)