Update

Lunus

Lunus

So, I had a bit of a meltdown over the last week or so, as usual turned to smoking cannabis. Luckily I realised I hadn’t fully accepted the situation with my sister, so a quick Radical Acceptance exercise and my suffering lifted.
That was on Friday night. Since then, on two occasions I have noticed I deferred a decision ‘until I have checked with my wife’, this is totally unheard of lol, and they were automatic thoughts. I also spoke at length to a very depressed friend and was pleased he left in a far better frame of mind. I then noticed something remarkable. I had no emotion. None. On all previous occasions when he has been depressed I’ve suffered too, I I took on his pain, I took emotional responsibility for him. This time, I didn’t. I was mindful..automatically.
This was a HUGE weekend for me. I really think I have learned to regulate my emotions. It certainly would appear so. I’m so excited (don’t worry not that excited lol). 😊

L

Lunar Lady

So, I had a bit of a meltdown over the last week or so, as usual turned to smoking cannabis. Luckily I realised I hadn’t fully accepted the situation with my sister, so a quick Radical Acceptance exercise and my suffering lifted.
That was on Friday night. Since then, on two occasions I have noticed I deferred a decision ‘until I have checked with my wife’, this is totally unheard of lol, and they were automatic thoughts. I also spoke at length to a very depressed friend and was pleased he left in a far better frame of mind. I then noticed something remarkable. I had no emotion. None. On all previous occasions when he has been depressed I’ve suffered too, I I took on his pain, I took emotional responsibility for him. This time, I didn’t. I was mindful..automatically.
This was a HUGE weekend for me. I really think I have learned to regulate my emotions. It certainly would appear so. I’m so excited (don’t worry not that excited lol). 😊

Sounds like great progress, Lunus. Good for you xxx

Lunus

Lunus

This is really great news! Well done!
Thank you. Pretty amazing really lol. I had therapy session 9 today, Emotional Reasoning and Distress Tolerance done so start the last module, Interpersonal Skills, next week. 😁