Update

Lunus

Lunus

Over a decade ago I was diagnosed with Social Phobia. It was so painful I just wanted to die. It got to a stage I was hiding in my own house, too afraid to answer the door or the telephone. However, I faced my fears and over a period of four years I recovered to the degree that I no longer fear any social engagement.
Earlier this year I got so depressed I just wanted to die again, and after various appointments I was diagnosed with BPD. Whilst gutted I had to face another battle , I was also relieved to get an explanation of my erratic self destructive behaviour. Four months on, I no longer have inappropriate internet relationships, I no longer gamble, I no longer drive recklessly, I don’t drink alcohol to excess and I don’t smoke cigarettes or joints. In short, I no longer have any self destructive coping mechanisms to give me temporary relief from my emotional pain, for the simple reason I am no longer suffering emotional pain.
I faced my fears of what has happened to me in the past and what in turn I had done to others. In doing so I have completely changed my life from being mindless to mindful. My evening routine now consists of Mindful Breathing, Meditation, Exercise, Yoga and Self Help books. I still have a long way to go but I am so proud of myself. The tenacity and courage I have shown has surprised and delighted me. I feel calm and happy.
All the above demonstrates one thing, the only thing to fear in life is fear itself.

S

sanjay

Wow! You're doing great. Congratulations on giving up the risky behaviors. What does mindfulness do for you?

Lunus

Lunus

Wow! You're doing great. Congratulations on giving up the risky behaviors. What does mindfulness do for you?
Mindfulness allows me to stay in the present moment and accept (even welcome) my emotions, rather than suppressing them and detaching from the situation. It also allows me to realise the connection between the mind and the body.

S

sanjay

Sounds good. Thanks for explaining.