Update

M

memeandme

Not sure if I’m on the right forum but here goes, so my 14 yo son asd/asperger,odd, hyper mobility has been settled in school for the last few years, he’s made new friends some good some bad but he’s settled, last year he was diagnosed with 50degree scoliosis, he will be having the operation and we find out when in March, we’ll, they wanted to brace him first until he’s fully grown then have the op but his surgeon has said he needs to lose weight for the brace to work properly, the thing is he is in pain and can’t exercise, he won’t go to any clubs, won’t evan walk the dog we’ve tried everything, he won’t evan do the physio exercises any advice is more then welcome x

Mayfair

Mayfair

Not sure if I’m on the right forum but here goes, so my 14 yo son asd/asperger,odd, hyper mobility has been settled in school for the last few years, he’s made new friends some good some bad but he’s settled, last year he was diagnosed with 50degree scoliosis, he will be having the operation and we find out when in March, we’ll, they wanted to brace him first until he’s fully grown then have the op but his surgeon has said he needs to lose weight for the brace to work properly, the thing is he is in pain and can’t exercise, he won’t go to any clubs, won’t evan walk the dog we’ve tried everything, he won’t evan do the physio exercises any advice is more then welcome x
I was going to suggest the dog walking thing, as dogs sometimes very good for this, but see you tried it.

Probably will have to look at diet.

M

memeandme

So since Feb 2018 we've had another appointment with my sons surgeon, that was in November, and my son was put on the list for two stage surgery, fast forward to now he's had his surgery and he's recovering well. Just need to get him exercising, he lost weight whilst in hospital as he didn't like their food, Princess Eugene visited the ward while we were there, didn't meet her though. He had a few meltdowns in hospital because of the pain, very traumatic.
School though has completely broken down we had a meeting in March and LEA told the head she had to provide alternative education. Now all he's doing is 1 hour online learning per day, he's bored I'm bored but trying to get him up and out is near on impossible, not that there's anything or anywhere to go where we are, we both need rest bite but not sure where to get it from.