• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Update

jax

jax

I am still with the home treatment/crisis team. I became depressed very suddenly after the high. Must have been Tuesday last week I went into the depression. The psychiatrist from the home treatment team won't give me an anti-depressant because I am such an extreme rapid cycler. They fear that I will be on the anti-depressant only weeks and that I will go into a major manic episode.
I am going to be discharged from the home treatment team soon. They are still coming daily but they have referred me onto the old day hospital which has now a day treatment program. I will go there during the week until lunch time. I am not sure how it will work or what I will be doing as it is brand new. I know that I won't be seeing my CPN or my pdoc while there. I will see the Pdoc assigned to the day treatment program. I will still see my care workers though. Not sure when all of this will take place - but have been told it will be soon. Just thought that I would let you all know what is going on.
Jacqui

T

TOONAFISH

Hey Jax

Sorry your depressed, it is the pits. Never heard of this new thing you will be doing. Hope it helps you to deal with what is going on. Is there not any kind of anti d that you can get. i just got this new one called lamotragine that is supposed to be good for bipolar depression. thinking of you. keep us posted.
((((Jax)))):hug::flowers:

S

skyblue

I'm the same as you Jacqui. When in a depressive state, PDoc's will not agree for me to take any sort of anti-d, just because of the same reasons.

I got a letter through from MHServices today, explaining they are going to be making changes nationally, from what you're explaining this maybe one of their new procedures, apparently it's supposed to be quite effective so they say, but we'll be the judge of that I'm sure.

Good luck with it all Jacqui and I'm wishing you wellxx

Last edited: