• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Upcoming Stag Party...

K

Keyboard Worrier

I cannot put into words how much I cannot stand stag parties. I did not want to even have one of my own, but was talked into it by my wife!! A stag party for my future brother-in-law, who lives right next door is coming up next year and it's a mark of my hatred for these things that I am already anxious about it, so far in advance. I'm not particularly close with him, but he wants to go to the UK (from Ireland) for a whole weekend.

This is a nightmare scenario for me, to be stuck with a group of people, most of whom I don't know very well, for a whole weekend. I am really considering just not going. Apart from my anxiousness about this, it is a big ask to expect people to give up a whole weekend and such expense for a stag party. I have been to stag parties in the past, for one night, made my appearance and went home the next morning. I don't know what to do, as just not showing up will possibly cause offence to my sister or brother-in-law.

D

Dazed & Confused

I was going to say the same thing. Don't go.

D

Dazed & Confused

Sounds fucking awful. Why put yourself through that?

K

Keyboard Worrier

Sounds fucking awful. Why put yourself through that?
I'm sure loads of the other guys are looking forward to getting away and a great weekend, but I just can't stand the thoughts of it. I possibly won't go. I just don't want any bad feeling afterwards because I don't go.

D

Dazed & Confused

I'm sure loads of the other guys are looking forward to getting away and a great weekend, but I just can't stand the thoughts of it. I possibly won't go. I just don't want any bad feeling afterwards because I don't go.
Just explain to them that you couldn't deal with it at the moment. You could also offer to do something less full on with the groom (and any other important friends) at a later time.

jajingna

jajingna

People still do those? Sounds like a silly tradition.