• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Upcoming pip

P

pollypocket88

Hi there i have I have a up comming pip assessment my mental health nurse said that the questions aren’t aimed at people with mental illnesses so I should try my best to explain how I find things difficult . I’m having quite a tough week this week and I’m nervous for it . Has any one got any tips or advice .

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Be honest, but...

Make yourself remember all of the bad times before you go in, maybe even list for yourself your worst times and feelings. I find that i try to always think positively and forget about past bad times. You cannot go in there positive.

P

pollypocket88

Thank you for that yeh my nurse said the same thing speak bout what happens on your worst days and she said when they ask me things to think bout it she said for example you can heat some thing up in a microwave that doesn’t mean you can cook a meal so I have to explain but when I get anxious I’m rubbish at communicating . Has any one ever got pip first time around with out appealing

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Yes, twice. I have had 11 years of PIP without an appeal so far. My form is due any time now. Without it, i would have a very different quality of life.

PIP has to be for something specific. They want to know what you spend the money on.

Is it still going ahead despite coronavirus?

P

pollypocket88

It’s a phone one because of coronavirus there doing them over the phone . I really do need this money it will help me out a lot . That’s good so you was awarded straight away ? Do you get full pip ?

S

sadgirl

Always remember to do your worst day never admit to having good days otherwise they will penalise you for that

Mal84

Mal84

I agree with the above. Talk about your worst days and how badly they affect your life.

After the phone call, have something to treat yourself with as it might be really draining.

Most of all, good luck :)

N

NotThomasEdison

If I may ask, what is a "PIP"?

B

blue spark

Hi there i have I have a up comming pip assessment my mental health nurse said that the questions aren’t aimed at people with mental illnesses so I should try my best to explain how I find things difficult . I’m having quite a tough week this week and I’m nervous for it . Has any one got any tips or advice .
If I may ask, what is a "PIP"?
PIP is personal independence payment,if your disabled and you cant work our government in the UK will give you some money to live on.

B

blue spark

Yes, twice. I have had 11 years of PIP without an appeal so far. My form is due any time now. Without it, i would have a very different quality of life.

PIP has to be for something specific. They want to know what you spend the money on.

Is it still going ahead despite coronavirus?
They didn't want to know what i spend my money on.

N

NotThomasEdison

PIP is personal independence payment,if your disabled and you cant work our government in the UK will give you some money to live on.
Ok. I just got done with what they called a PIP at work, but in that case it was a "Performance Improvement Plan" where my performance was lacking and I needed to improve. I didn't improve enough and was let go. I will start a new thread about it, soon, though, and not hijack this one.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Ok. I just got done with what they called a PIP at work, but in that case it was a "Performance Improvement Plan" where my performance was lacking and I needed to improve. I didn't improve enough and was let go. I will start a new thread about it, soon, though, and not hijack this one.
I'm so sorry, that is awful.

B

blue spark

Let me tell you,they'r going to twist everything you say round.Your assessor is going to type a load of lies,your assessor will make things up,fabricated lies.You'll tel her something in just a few words and she or he will sit typing for ages.
You'll get your money stopped,you'll have do a mandatory appeal over the phone.If that fails you'll have to appeal again,that will take eaght month before they get back round to you.
If you win this time,they will backdate your money and you'llget a big fat check.
That's what happened to me, i got it back last month.it got stopped in november 2019,i had monthes of really bad anxiety.I wont tell you how i won my appeal because it won't work for you.
You might win your assessment,if your assessor is anything like mine was you won't.
They are stopping everyons money unless your in a wheel chair,so everyone has to appeal.
I take it you've sent all your medical evidence in.

P

Prycejosh1987

My advice is tell the truth. Conversation is effortless when we tell the truth.