• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Up Comming WCA

T

tbdtdb

After over a year on I've been called for my first WCA.

I've been doing a quick bit reading and have bumped into rule 35 & 29 iirc and some templates on Black triangle for my Dr to fill in.

Should I try and get my Dr and maybe my psychiatrist to fill these in before the wca?

My psychologist is writing a letter for me but I did not know about these rules when offered to write a letter. Is he in a position where he can say what is needed for these rules?

I did ask my psychiatrist a bit back about this and I got the impression that they would give me paperwork after failing along with the suggestion to get the best lawyer possible!

A thing that is worrying me is if I should get all these letters first and fail the WCA would I no longer have anything I can use to appeal?

Also I could be a bit stuck for someone to go with me is it viable to ask for a CPN to go with me?

Finally on my search for helpful sites I've come across the benefitsandwork site which looks useful but you have to pay & I'm a bit skint is it worth it? Or are there any other useful sites as I am rather alone on this.

I'm suffering from depression.

SarahD

SarahD

Hi, do you mean you are filling in form ESA50 or that you have the appointment for the assessment interview?

Benefits and Work are a very good site. They have guides to filling in forms for ESA, DLA, PIP, advice on appeals, tribunals etc, that you can download once you are a member. They tell you exactly what kind of information to give on the form to get the best chance. There are many other sites that may not cost money, but I have to say I think Benefits and Work are worth it.

I don't know if a CPN could go with you. There should be a benefits adviser with the CMHT who could advise where you could get someone to go with you, maybe from a charity, if not.

T

tbdtdb

Hi, do you mean you are filling in form ESA50 or that you have the appointment for the assessment interview?

Benefits and Work are a very good site. They have guides to filling in forms for ESA, DLA, PIP, advice on appeals, tribunals etc, that you can download once you are a member. They tell you exactly what kind of information to give on the form to get the best chance. There are many other sites that may not cost money, but I have to say I think Benefits and Work are worth it.

I don't know if a CPN could go with you. There should be a benefits adviser with the CMHT who could advise where you could get someone to go with you, maybe from a charity, if not.
It's for the WCA interview they have had my ESA50 for some time.

Cannot get to see my psychiatrist before the interview. The receptionist suggested I could contact another team who might send a duty doctor but this seems unlikely and is no help rule 35 wise. I may phone them tomorrow.

I do have a mate who can come along with luck tho me might no be able to come in with me as the assessment is not on the ground floor and he cannot use the steps in an emergency. May be for the best because of discussing personal stuff.

I may contact my doctor about rule 35 tho they really are not the ones treating me.

I've got a discount code for Benefits and Work so will have a think.

Jez all this on top of everything else.

SarahD

SarahD

I would get whatever letters you can to back you up as evidence. If you don't succeed, the first step is to ask for a reconsideration. If you do that you can maybe get extra letter to send in from GP or psychiatrist, but also write out in more detail than you put on the form why you should get it. You really have to spell it out so there is no possibility of misunderstanding.

If you possibly can, do take someone with you. You then have a witness to what happens, but it also shows them that you need the support.