• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Up and Down

T

tornadoesofthoughts

I was feeling ok earlier, felt like I was taking control of my care..........now I just feel really strange, like up and down and a bit manic. Does anyone feel manic with BPD?

R

Rose19602

I'm not sure TOT, it depends what you mean by manic?

Could you explain a bit more? "Strange" and "up and down"....doesn't sound like "mania."

What do you mean by "strange"?

T

tornadoesofthoughts

Sorry- sometimes I feel like drunk, but I don't drink or do drugs.....and my thoughts just feel really fast.To be dissociation feels different....I get this quite a bit when stressed. Sorry I should have clarified.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Yes.
I know it's not 'mania' i'm experiencing per se, but I know what you mean about it feeling like you're drunk.
It's like i've had a good few drinks and i'm very merry, my thoughts are fast and I get really dizzy/ditsy.

Err, sorry i've not got much in terms of advice, but wanted you to know that I experience this too and my label was/is BPD.

D

diabolicalme

Yes me too. I have BPD and mostly extreme negative emotions or numb depression, but occasionally I feel really high like I could rule the world, do anything I like. I don't act on it like ppl I've known with BP in a manic phase, and mine never lasts that long..like a couple of hours usually til I 'm burned out physically (my physical health is bad anyway).

R

ricko4

BPD im constantly down and depressed very seldom do i go a day without feeling depressed but i can also feel good and high where i want to go and party and abuse drugs then when ive done the partying i hit all time lows ive no self control i just cant seem to stop myself even though i know how i feel after it but hey fuck it im only following the path i was given