Unwell Father

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

For some weeks, my fat her has been suffering with high blood pressure, then was fine, a bit, and whilst away, he couldn't enjoy the holiday, due to that, and not feeling right also.

I have now been reassurred, that father who is always in med denial, has been agreeable been seen by the usual family based GP, and he's to have extensive blood tests, and to be seen by the GP again, in a week.

However, the blood pressure machine at the surgery claimed, that it was very good, then, dad had been probably resting, before the appointment.

Now, i am just wondering, whether the pressure thing, hasn't been positioned in the right spot on the inside of the elbow of arm, and I am thinking maybe that has been the cause of all the high readings, just a thought.

i am very much better following on from my headache, and also slight irritible self, i realised I needed to take my dose of 25ml, so I took that at 3.30pm, this afternoon.

Anyway in terms of father, I am much much more calmer, or resettled, rather than unsettled.

I forgot to point out, that he has blood pressure problems anyhow, which he is on 1 tablet a day in the mornings, for.

Have a good evening all,

Best Regards All,

Natalie.

Last edited:
blacksmoke

blacksmoke

sorry to hear that your dad is unwell natalie it is a worry but he is in good hands and the doc is keeping an eye on it very carefully i imagine

N

natalie

Thanks very much, Blacksmoke, the surgery we're under is an excellent high quality of practice, even though we moved away from the area, back in 95, mum still had preferred to registered, at that practice, I'm very thankful for that way of thinking.

I'm just reassurred now, that he has been seen by the family GP, so that's the main thing, at the moment.

Thanks again

Natalie.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Natalie,
Hope your father will be okay, glad the GP is taking care of him.
They can these days do a 24/48 hr blood pressure monitoring, my practise dose this. The nurse puts the bp cuff on and then a recorder is strapped onto you.
Hope your okay too.
Best wishes

N

natalie

HI Mayflower7,

I was strangely, just about to get an update on things, done.

I am much much calmer much better this evening, than the late week, and over the weekend regarding father.

And indirectly, I became very concerned, that he was in to be seen by the GP. Well, as the GP would say, and has lets get extensive blood tests done, first, and I'll imply hascent to add, then a 24/48 hour monitoring might well be done.

I feel, that also, the blood tests idea came along, after it was reported, that lately, he hasn't had much appetite about time, and that he wasn't feeling right generally.

To be honest, i think it's the few extra meds that he has to take, causing the big problems at the moment, that's what I am feeling. Still, there will be only one way to know, and that's through the extensive blood tests.

I'm alright, considering, I am now very well, I took a dose of my Fluxoetine not for mental health puproses, earlier this evening, and I am finer, than, how I hadn' t been last night, hey, I'm not even moaning about the dark nights, now.

I couldn't do my salsacise workout this afternoon, unfortunately, I had a terrible bad painful headache, and i am compared to then, about 2pm, that was, much better and alright this evening.

will ease into more music/musicals list ening and knitting.

First up, regardign dad, is the blood tests, on Friday, and to be seen by the GP again, in a week's time.

Best Wishes,

Natalie.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Natalie,
Thank you for the update, hope your dad feels better soon. I know it can be worrying when our parents are ill.
Sorry about your headache, hope your much recovered now.
Take care

N

natalie

Thanks, Mayflower7, and Anime,

Hif Folks,

I managed to have slept much much better overnight.

Have been busier within at home front, so I couldn't post earlier on.

Hopefully, and all being well, I'll be music/musicals listening and knitting.

My father does feel marginally better now.

Best Regards All,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I h ave some good news; unless it's due to being active with the slow process, of reducing some of his work, and also, following on from the better normal low reading of the blood pressure check at surgery, my father today, has been a bit more perkier. More brighter. I think, the autumnal better weather has helped. That as well, in actual fact.

We at home, haven't done another check from our monitor, not since via at the appointment on Tuesday, he seems to be much better, and also less tired, what with the travelling back from Southampton, plus the rotten wet weather hadn't helped.

He sees the GP in a weeks' time, and he mentioned the fact, which I haven't covered, so far, that he appears not to have much appetite about him. So the GP thought, he'll do blood tests, and see what comes off from that, before also, referring him, to a place, the older people's unit, assessment and results unit, in Enfield, mum had been to, and take things from there, just after the blood test results in the GP appointment, in a weeks time.

On the note of father, having been seen by our family based GP, and also, I was busier in at home front yesterday morning , and into afternoon, I slept overall very very well, overnight, apart from the usual up only the once for a short while.

I am less irritible this evening, my passeges, nasal wise, are now better, and clearer, and my headache draining from has very much gone. I'm very well this evening.

Best Regards All,

Natalie.

D

Dulcie

I am less irritible this evening, my passeges, nasal wise, are now better, and clearer, and my headache draining from has very much gone. I'm very well this evening.

Best Regards All,

Natalie.
We've been praying for your father. But some advice for helping clear your nasal passages is breathe in steam from very hot water poured into a heatproof bowl. A few drops of Olbus oil or eucalyptus oil is very refreshing. Put a towel over your head to do this and breathe in until breathing improves. Eucalyptus essential oil is highly antiseptic, but go to a health food shop and ask for advice. Generally the more you pay for essential oil, the higher is its quality. Perhaps even burning a eucalyptus, rosemary or lavender candle can really help, and it will repel the mozzies! :)

N

natalie

Hi Dulcie,

Thank you so much.

Apart from what happened in home senario yesterday afternoon, and we checked his blood pressure this morning, it's still higher.

However, he has come along great strengths, much more calmer. I think what it was, being Friday, which is our sabbath part of the week, and he might well have felt, that mum should have been doing a bit more, and he knows originally full well, that what with her afib and replaced valve heart condition, and high blood pressure kept well under med, for her, and on other tabelts, for the afib, he might have forgotten that she can't do so much , and gets very tired, much more, easily, and well, even though been seen by the GP on Tuesday, all of the sudden, he snapped at her.

Anyway, the better news is and has been, he has been much better, much more calmer.

The results from the blood tests, for his appetite, lack of, slightly, are due early week, he'll get them the results on Friday, at the appointment.

He might get referred to a Older People's Assessment unit, where mum has been, and she happily swears by them, they do a thorough assessment, and the GP said, well let's do the bloods first, and then decide, and also I'm thinking in case, depending how father might not have been still, he might be getting into afib situation as well, we can't determine this, until the review follow up with the GP on Friday.

Once again, thank you so much.

Well in terms of the sinuses, and nasal passeges, I have bought another round, of decongestant nasal spray, and was working already wonders for me, and I am much much better, I'll repeat a dose of the spray, this evening, just 1 dose.

Thanks very much. and for your and your family support,

Natalie.

D

Dulcie

Hi Dulcie,

Thank you so much.

Apart from what happened in home senario yesterday afternoon, and we checked his blood pressure this morning, it's still higher.

However, he has come along great strengths, much more calmer. I think what it was, being Friday, which is our sabbath part of the week, and he might well have felt, that mum should have been doing a bit more, and he knows originally full well, that what with her afib and replaced valve heart condition, and high blood pressure kept well under med, for her, and on other tabelts, for the afib, he might have forgotten that she can't do so much , and gets very tired, much more, easily, and well, even though been seen by the GP on Tuesday, all of the sudden, he snapped at her.

Anyway, the better news is and has been, he has been much better, much more calmer.

The results from the blood tests, for his appetite, lack of, slightly, are due early week, he'll get them the results on Friday, at the appointment.

He might get referred to a Older People's Assessment unit, where mum has been, and she happily swears by them, they do a thorough assessment, and the GP said, well let's do the bloods first, and then decide, and also I'm thinking in case, depending how father might not have been still, he might be getting into afib situation as well, we can't determine this, until the review follow up with the GP on Friday.

Once again, thank you so much.

Well in terms of the sinuses, and nasal passeges, I have bought another round, of decongestant nasal spray, and was working already wonders for me, and I am much much better, I'll repeat a dose of the spray, this evening, just 1 dose.

Thanks very much. and for your and your family support,

Natalie.
Thank you for writing such a great upligting message and I promise we will continue praying and sending out good thoughts, winging their way to you, your Dad and your Mum. From what I was told, the Older People's Assessment Unit can be excellent, so let's hope he gets that referral!

Regarding his bp still hihjer, perhaps you could ask his doctor if Bisoprolol could be used but it depends on what other bp med he's taking (if any). My neighbour uses this and has found it excellent, though never take my word for it. It's just a suggestion.

Peggy is sitting here sends her love and promises to pray. She's so good for only 11. :)

Have a blessed Sunday and be rested.

Dulcie

N

natalie

Hi Folks,

I wanted to make a big apology for regarding the past few weeks, I feel I have become a burden on here, temporarily what with me, and my father unwell, during that time.

Things are now improving within me, and father is now returning to his normal self, and has his appetite returned.

It was just that I was feeling so low, and under so much strain, in at home front, due to father being unwell in that time with the higher blood pressure.

Now that the results are in, and he's a picture of perfect health, except maybe for the vitamin d, I am less stressed, more calmer, and less anxious, much much much better.

I'm not giving up on MHF, I always hope to be posting regarding me, and offering advice, support and tips.

Now that reminds me, I just wonder how Fairy lu is now?

And also TD, though I think I read, that his medication was making him so sleepy, I can relate to that one.

Best Regards All,

Natalie.

Parayana

Parayana

Natalie,

I had an e-mail from Fairy Lu in the last couple of days, she's OK, just tired and sleeping a lot. She says she's not online much at the moment.

Hope that helps.

N

natalie

Hi Tiredtina,

Thank you so much. I was almost feeling, that I had become a burden. I'm relieved, to here that. Thanks very much.

Yep, my dad and myself, are better now, and my mother.

Best Regards.

N

natalie

HI P for short,

Thanks very much.

I'm relieved, to here and know now, that Fairy Lu, is ok.

Take care.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Natalie,
You really haven't been a burden, you needed support. Lots of us post about family issues.
Glad your father and you are doing better.
Take care

E

exyz

Hello there Natalie,
I'm sorry that things were not so good for you and father and pleased to read that there has been an improvement. Sending all good wishes to you and the family :)

N

natalie

Hi All,

Thanks very much Mayflower7, and also to Exyz.

Very much a great improvement within me, no more headaches, and tension, and my father is and would appear now to be much more better. I think it was very much crunch time for him, this week, wondering how the blood tests were going to be.

i have been listening to general music, and knitting.

Take Mayflower7, and All good wishes to Exyz.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Urban Hermit People 5
P People 2
N People 21
F People 7