Unusual feelings

A

Applepie

Hi guys,
I've been diagnosed with GAD for 5 years now.
Recently I've been experiencing a drastic change in my moods though. Usually because of my anxiety, I overly worry about what other people are thinking about me, whether they are talking about me, whether they secretly hate me etc etc but recently regarding relationships with people I've completely gone numb. I have no interest in what people feel, what they want to do. Recently I've only been interested in what I want to do then I want to go away and do my own thing with little regard of what my friends want. I don't feel guilty about it and that's the weirdest thing about this. I have completely stopped caring, I'm callous, I don't feel guilty and to be honest everyone including those who are my friends (even my boyfriend) just annoy me and I'm getting weirdly angry at them got no reason.
Is this normal? Is this a part of anxiety I haven't yet experienced?

H

Hephzibah

I'm not a counselor, but from experience I think its great that you are interested in taking care of yourself and finding things to do that you want to do and don't think you should feel guilty about that. Sometimes people with anxiety forget to do that and become people pleasers. When you find things that you like to do and enjoy to do the people who are meant to be in your life will stay or new ones will come in. When I first started speaking my opinions etc sometimes it would come out in an angry way. I didn't mean to, but it was so hard and new for me and caused such anxiety to do it, it just came out the wrong way. Maybe it will take a while for your emotions to balance out? The complete opposite of being overly worried about peoples thoughts and feelings may be numbness and callousness??? IDK. Sometimes the negative thoughts have to be put in check and we have to sit back and check what would make us think those things and why and whether it is really true. Have you thought of talking to a counselor? Peace and prayers <3

A

Applepie

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.
I think it might take a while for my emotions to balance out because for some reason my anxiety has been coming out as irritability and anger recently.
I have been callous though which is no way like me, the other day my partner was getting upset because I was pointing out things that he was doing that I didn't like and when he started crying I just got annoyed and didn't really care.
I am currently on a waiting list for therapy so hopefully I'll be able to get the necessary tools to regulate my emotions because I don't want to scare everyone off with my anger

H

Hephzibah

I'm so glad you are sharing those things with your partner! Its really hard for them when they are used to us just going with the flow and not saying anything. I remember when I first started sharing things with my husband. It was really hard for both of us. I think there may have even been a bit of a shock factor to it. I think there were times I couldn't believe what had come out of my mouth and neither could he! Sounds like you are already trying to heal and I think therapy would be great :)