• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Unsure

C

Confused 1

Hello. I am new here and I need some clarity. I've had severe anxiety issues for years, but I always felt like something else was wrong. I come from a broken home. I was around the age of 8 when I first self mutilated. I fell into a horrible depression at 13 years old and told all of my friends that I was grounded. Through the years, I had issues with substance abuse and even got arrested a few times (DUIs and all). I have always seemed to get myself into toxic relationships with every intention of leaving. I feel guilty about things that I did in the past (even as a kid) and feel anxious most of the time. I just feel like emotions are always imbalanced and lost. I do not want to kill myself, but I feel like I would not mind if a tsunami came and wiped me out. I know that this is not healthy thinking or feeling. I have been through a lot in my life and overcome a lot of obstacles. I feel like my psychiatrist is helpful, but she does not understand like other people who are going through the same issues as me. Can anyone relate to what I am going through? I feel like I have borderline personality disorder.

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

Obviously the forum cannot diagnose you but I can relate to everything you've mentioned.
I hope you find some internal stability.

C

Confused 1

Thank you for responding. It just sucks not knowing what to expect every three to fours day. Then just when it seems like things are under control, that wave comes sweeping throgh. I hope all is well with you.

C

Confused 1

Please excuse my typos. I am working from home and using my old laptop.

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

Have you tried identifying triggers?

C

Confused 1

Yes. I have been hard-headed and not taken advantage of therapy. I spoke to my doctor this morning. She is going to send out a referral. Have you been on this site long?

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

Been here awhile