• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Unsure what to do

sab

sab

Yesterday I was scrolling through social site I'm registered in and found some person whom seem kinda interesting to me. I doubt however it would be something long term, from what I read they're pretty introverted too, like me. Also have a bit different personality, so not sure if they even be willing interact with me.

I interacted with few of their posts, hoping they would see it and add me. But it not happened, yet.

I'm wondering if I should give it a try and add them first. I don't know if it will develop to more conversations, but I'm curious about this person. Just kinda afraid they would find me annoying or something.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think you should go for it. You may end up finding a nice connection. You have nothing to loose.

sab

sab

I think you should go for it. You may end up finding a nice connection. You have nothing to loose.
I don't know. My last new started contact with person ended after like month or so. I don't know, if it depends on how much connection I have with certain person or what. But mostly later I realize I don't have much in common with person and contact is cut of. Maybe I don't put enough effort in conversation or just it's that I rarely can find anyone with whom I can get along fully.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It is difficult to remain in contact if you feel you do not have anything in common. I just feel it could be worth trying. You find the person curious so that is a start.

T

Tam

I also think you should give it a try Sab, if its a potential romantic partner start off on a 'getting to know you as a friend' basis first and see how that goes, nothing ventured nothing gained as my old Gran used to say🤗

sab

sab

It is difficult to remain in contact if you feel you do not have anything in common. I just feel it could be worth trying. You find the person curious so that is a start.
They added me and even we talked a bit. But we'll see how it will go further. Good thing both of us have the same interest and it's big hobby of both of us so hopefully this will be at least one topic to talk about.

sab

sab

I also think you should give it a try Sab, if its a potential romantic partner start off on a 'getting to know you as a friend' basis first and see how that goes, nothing ventured nothing gained as my old Gran used to say🤗
Thanks, but I'm not interested in 'romantic partner' at all. I had three 'relationships' (if they even can be named as such). All three toxic, and after last one, which was good two years ago or so, I just gave up. Just not my thing. I'm just fine with meeting friends. The problem is it's difficult to find them too.