• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Unsure About Voices

A

akg69

I really think I'm going doolally.

My head is constantly filled with voices, all day, everyday. Well, there are 2. And I'm not sure if it's normal or not (excuse the word normal but you know what I mean).

It's like there is constant dialogue in my mind, talking to each other. One voice puts me down all the time, convinces (or tries to) convince me that maybe it's better to just give up, go on drug binges, turn to crime, hurt people and starts thinking about plotting to do bad things.

The other voice is what I would class as a voice of reason which tried to counteract the other voice.

Does everybody have this inner dialogue between a good side and a bad side? :unsure:

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Voices are just plain weird. I don't know what causes it. A rip in some reality? Idk.

A

akg69

Voices are just plain weird. I don't know what causes it. A rip in some reality? Idk.
fcuk knows but it's driving me insane and causing a lot of problems. Thing is, both voices are my own voice. Does that count when it comes to hearing voices or when people talk about hearing voices they mean voices of other people/characters?

Maybe I'm just a hypochondriac :/

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

There is also intrusive thoughts - which are really silent voices -but can be annoying as hell.

It is a bizarre experience ...

E

Eigau

hi akg69, yes you're not alone in hearing seemingly opposite sides. Be very weary of either side though because both can get you into strife, they just have two different approaches in my opinion. So its a difficult balancing act maintaining a line down the middle. Is there any interactivity? Can you talk with them and do they talk back? Or is it to themselves about you? Knowing this may help finding a starting point to relief... Take care, Te.

F

flatz

don't worry, the most important thing is are they bothering you or/and making life hard?

A

akg69

hi akg69, yes you're not alone in hearing seemingly opposite sides. Be very weary of either side though because both can get you into strife, they just have two different approaches in my opinion. So its a difficult balancing act maintaining a line down the middle. Is there any interactivity? Can you talk with them and do they talk back? Or is it to themselves about you? Knowing this may help finding a starting point to relief... Take care, Te.
It's more my own voice and heard in the 1st person ... so ... I rather than you or he. Which is why I'm confused as to if they are actually 'voices' as such???

But there is always two.

A

akg69

don't worry, the most important thing is are they bothering you or/and making life hard?
Yes. I've given up on so many things because of it and it's wearing me down so much now.

E

Eigau

It's more my own voice and heard in the 1st person ... so ... I rather than you or he. Which is why I'm confused as to if they are actually 'voices' as such???

But there is always two.
When you say your own voice, do they ever say words that you were not consciously thinking?

A

akg69

When you say your own voice, do they ever say words that you were not consciously thinking?
How do you differentiate between words that are conscious or subconscious because as soon as you hear them, they're conscious :/ If you mean, do the voices say anything unrelated to something I'm thinking about, then I'm not sure. I'll have to ... hmmm I know they've interjected with things ... yes things have been said that are unrelated to something I'm thinking about.

E

Eigau

I mean conscious control. As in you can affect the words you hear in your mind - which would be conscious control. Verses the words you cannot affect - which would not be consciously controlled. They might even be considered intrusive because you may have no control over them. Take care, Te.