• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Unstable Mind

T

tapamay

Dear Friends I'm new to this forum.I'm trying to explain my problem in simple way,
1) Whenever I feel interest to do something and I start doing that.I loose interest very early.
e.g. Sometime I feel I'll learn something and I start learning.After 30-40 mins I feel no I have to do something else.

2) Whenever I go to sleep.I feel I'm wasting time by sleeping I could have done some work in this time and I start doing that.Then I again think no I'm I would have done something else.

3) Whenever I decide to achieve some target and I take my first step.I feel its too much to achieve.I can't achieve and I become depressed and unhappy of my self.

4) In every weekend I plan to do something productive for my career and life.But at the end of the weekend I see myself in position of looser because I'd done nothing in this weekend also.It makes me mentally tired and give a feeling that another bad weekend has been spent.

So I'm suffering with these stuffs frequently.It would be great if any sort advise is given to cope up with this unstability of mind.How can I motivate myself in proper direction and how to achieve my targets without heavy stress and with some flavour of happiness and enjoyment in my life.

Thank you very much in advance.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Have you been to your GP and explained things to him/her? You don't say if you have a diagnosis of any mental health problem, and of course we're not professionals on here and can't make any diagnosis, but I understand that these are symptoms of depression. I have a diagnosis of severe depression and find the same sorts of problems with concentration/motivation/enjoyment.

If you don't think you can remember to say everything you want to, maybe write it all down and either read it to the doctor or hand the list to him.

Whatever the problem is, you're certainly not alone on here. :grouphug:

T

tapamay

Thank you very much for the reply.I'm not asking for diagnosis rather I'm looking for some suggestion and some known scenarios.Some experiences who have already face these sort of things and cope up with it.Thats all.definitely I'm plannig to consult a doc soon.

L

Leighqt

I have this

i obsess about things that will improve my life, really obsess then i feel a buzz or a high

then ido the thinngs that will help me, then i give up straight away, because of anxiety

i now feel worthless and inadequote

excuse spelling just tokk some medication

W

willamtarker

There are times when are having stress and even there are lots of things that are going on in our mind and this is the only reason behind this problem, I have been dealing with this since a long time.

A

ADrisk

I can relate to you in a few ways, except for the whole feeling like a loser or wanting to do something different after 30-40 mins.
I think this just has something to do with you being lazy and getting side-tracted easily. Write up a timeteable or something which shows you what you have to achieve, don't create impossible goals like "become the manager of the work-place by the end of the week"
but maybe stuff like "Complete work faster" or "go for a jog 30 mins in the morning". just little things which show that you are not a lazy person.

If you really do get bored of doing something after 30-40 mins, perhaps you are just doing something boring or perhaps you have a little patience.
All the best

C

cutiest

Hi

i just landed up this site searching an answer for your similar kind of problem
Though i might not let you the direct answer for your probs, but i will share my exp and if u can pick up something from here......
i was constantly getting distracted and had no focus in anything apart from games & entertainment
so one fine day i made a chart and listed list of the kind of thoughts that is running in mind
Those are: 1. somebody looking at me. 2. am spking to some one in my thoughts 3. i imagine of doing some heroinic activity and get prouded.4. think about some past sorrows and feel demotivated, etc, etc

So, then in that chart i started using some small keywords for each thoughts and i started noting the timing on each thoughts. Monday and tuesday i did it more interestingly and aggressively, Wednesday - slowed down, thursday- not much and friday - nothing i noted

but meanwhile i can feel that gradually my focus has been increased

so next i need to find out why i keep losing interest and am sure i'll find some way

*Fear is a wall,The bigger the distance; the more is your fear, but if you break the wall you will see the world of wonder&possibilities. Fear cant be replaced with courage, fear is the path to courage*

All the best

R

Rose19602

Hi,
Thanks for your post.
The common theme in two of the scenarios you listed was losing interest because you felt you might fail. You also mention that you want to avoid stress whilst trying to achieve.
If you placed these words in a circle with arrows connecting them, you could be looking at a clue as to what might be going on here:

stress - lack of achievement - fear of failure - giving up - feeling hopeless - no motivation.

My advice would be to lower your expectations of achievement drastically and reduce it to tiny steps. Give yourself plenty of rewards when you achieve anything at all. Also examine where the expectations of yourself are coming from - you? your upbringing? your peers?
Counselling could really help you with this along with some work on your self esteem.
I really hope that this makes sense to you and that you can discuss it on your visit to the doctor.
I'm sure you can achieve much more than you think when you stop expecting too much of yourself.
take care
xxx

P

PeaceLoveSerenity

:loveshower:Hey there! :peace:

i was wondering if you have been diagnosed with anything? Anything at all? Care to share that?:confused:

You remind me of myself. And funny thing, I was thinking today about a lot of the traits you mentioned. Because I go through it!!
DAILY!!!

One of my diagnoses is that I am ADHD! And diagnosed only about a year ago. Although I always knew I was. it's so bad I even term the HD part by saying I have "the HIGH DEF kind of ADD!" Humour helps!
Maybe you could be you ??? ADD or ADHD ??? Is that is something you could explore with your doctor? Because I can tell you unless I take my meds...NOTHING! NOTHING! NOTHING!
gets started; completed; or done. And life for me - it is just as you describe.

And don't let people make you feel bad and say things like you are a loser to you never finish anything or lack motivation. Or you lack ambition. And don't YOU ever think that about yourself! :flowers:
There IS a reason. You just need to find out what it is.

I am sort of going through the same thing. I wrote about it in the anxiety forum about 20 minutes ago.
About being afraid to move even though it is the best thing for me. Just as you have described. I all of a sudden STOPPED packing. even though i took my meds. mine is sheer fear!

Friend,
I hope you discover what is going on. In the mean time. Keep your chin up. And KNOW that it is more than is on the surface. And you WILL get better. Just talk to your therapist. It will be okay. :dance: :clap:

Peace! anf hugs!
lots hugs!!! :hug5: :loveshower: