• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

unspecified personality disorder ?

Abbierad92

Abbierad92

I went into hospital in May and got diagnosed with personality disorder but apparently it is unspecified due to me having traits of a number of the different types. Anyone have the same?

F

firemonkee57

I think that it is quite common. There is personality disorder nos where you fit the general criteria for a personality disorder, and the traits of one or more specific PDs, but not the necessary amount of symptoms to warrant a specific diagnosis like borderline, avoidant etc.

Abbierad92

Abbierad92

Yeah I think it is quite common they said I have more emotionally unstable pd

F

firemonkee57

They originally said I had an "impulsive and explosive " personality ,which got called PD NOS, which basically meant they were pissed off with me rather than reflecting an accurate description of my personality. They then refined that to paranoid PD , reflecting their view that I'm a litigious type(never taken anyone to court) ready to launch an attack at any minute on some poor unsuspecting person. The reality - I'm a mild mannered fearful paranoiac and am wary of people due to being teased/mildly bullied as a child with it getting worse in my teenage years.
Not that pdocs have much time for the effects of bullying on a person or the idea of a fearful paranoiac.