• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Unsolicited Telepathy is disturbing

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Sure, if there were a formal greeting and request to start - it would make things more acceptable.

But no, it is just a disturbing rush of info which can make the hearer feel violated and paranoid.

Do normal folk thought narrowcast?

Z

Zoe1

therapists are making inroads into this field these days
and examining peoples voices

I feel confident that the right type of therapist
would help you access this plane
and be less mystified by it

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

it would be nice to speak with an expert.

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Sure, if there were a formal greeting and request to start - it would make things more acceptable.

But no, it is just a disturbing rush of info which can make the hearer feel violated and paranoid.

I'm not sure of what narrowcasting means but there should be a system to where you have to accept.. the system does exist.. I created one when I was going through my telepathic times. Then I blocked all the voices out entirely.. instead of dealing with the telepathy. I believe I spoke to you when I was going through the end phases of my telepathic experiences. Cut it out of my life.. it helps not to have to even have worry about it.

S

Schizophrenic Dave

Personally I believed I was experiencing other people communicating with me telepathically for a few years until I realised that what I was hearing were just voices that were experienced internally rather than externally, I don't believe that telepathy is possible any longer and attribute the voices I hear to being a part of my mental illness, there's no evidence telepathy is real but there's plenty to prove that those who are mentally unwell with a variety of different mental health conditions can experience hearing voices, maybe what you're experiencing is just hearing voices? Would make a lot more sense to me than telepathy. It took me a while to get to the point I'm at but I had to accept that telepathy wasn't real as I could not figure out for the life of me how it would work which proved to me that it wasn't real. I asked myself the following questions plus a lot more, which part of the brain would be responsible for both sending and receiving these signals? How could they travel long distances? How could they not get mixed up with other supposed telepathically signals? Why can't science prove the existence of it after several studies have been done to try and prove the phenomenon exists? If you can supposedly receive telepathically signals then why can't you send them to those around you or why can't you read minds? I understand how unbelievably real this experience can seem but you have to try and dismiss this belief in telepathy if you can, you'll thank yourself so much is you manage to do it as you'll be one step closer to recovering.

W

wellness

i like your use of the most appropriate word for all the behaviours of The Voices -- truely indeed UNSOLICITED --

S

Schizophrenic Dave

It isn't about age or experience, all your age means is you've suffered with schizophrenia for longer than I have which in turn means, due to your belief in telepathy, that you've been unwell with it for longer than I have. Why would it be only those who are diagnosed with a form of psychotic disorder that are the ones who are apparently telepathic? It makes no sense, it makes more sense that those who believe in it are just suffering with a symptom of the mental illness they have been diagnosed with.