• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Unresolved crash claim

bubbling under

bubbling under

Here's an interesting one for you guys....Nearly 2 and a half years ago I was reversed in to at traffic light by an uninsured driver. Ever since then my insurance company has been pursueing her to get all money owed to me back including damages. It;s been a really long process, letters backwards and forwards etc. Back towards the end of last yr my solicitor and I agreed to her paying me back £20 a month, because according to the solicitor dealing with things her end, that was all she could afford <funny how she was driving a new car>.

Fast forward another few months and a letter comes through basically saying she's skipped her address and they are trying to track her down again.....leaving me again receiving no payments. I've been calling to find out what was going on.

Anyhow.....today I've got another letter through basically saying that it has now become a sheriff issue? And when my solicitor hears back from them then I will be informed. However.....I have tracked her down on facebook of all things.....so...what would you do? Here are your options>>>>

1.....naff all
2.....inform solicitor
3.....send her a message <am leaning towards this as I am sick of her taking the piss>

:confused::confused:

greebobeebo

greebobeebo

I would tell your solicitor.

As tempting as it is to send a message I think it will only end in a lot of cyber crap for you.

I hope you are eventually successful whatever you decide to do.

Alex

bubbling under

bubbling under

Yeah, that would be the most sensible thing to do. I was a wee bit stressed and pissed off lastnight, seeing how she is taking the pee so to speak. I still can't see how she hasn't been done for driving without insurance, but thats another seperate issue!!

Just exasperated with the whole thing tbh.

I'll call them on monday morning....she WILL NOT get away from this believe me ;) <evil cackle>

bubbling under

bubbling under

Ooooh major development since I last posted. Received a letter this morning to say the case has now been transferred to the high court :eek: <eeeeeeeekkkkkkk>

She's in the poop....and I'm all of a wibble

greebobeebo

greebobeebo

They do say that all good things come to those who wait. And they also say what comes around goes around.

No idea who *they* are but that doesn't really matter.

That is brilliant news for you. Does it mean that you will have to be a witness do you think?

Good luck to you.

M

maudikie

maudikie.

I expect your solicitor knows about her having to go to court, but make sure she is going on your case - it might be another one.

bubbling under

bubbling under

I don't know if I'll have to attend yet. I guess that might depend on how its delt with, but if I do then I'll have to find the strength to do it. She owes me a hell of a lot of money :unsure:

I'm going to call my solicitor on monday anyway to let them know she can be found on facebook. I'm wondering if she can be tracked down via an IP address?

This has been dragging on for so long now.

S

*Sapphire*

Hold on, I thought sheriffs only operated now in Scotland? Perhaps she has moved there?

bubbling under

bubbling under

Hold on, I thought sheriffs only operated now in Scotland? Perhaps she has moved there?
Oh really?? Well I even know what company shes working for now.....she really is such a fool :D

S

*Sapphire*

I'm going to call my solicitor on monday anyway to let them know she can be found on facebook. I'm wondering if she can be tracked down via an IP address?
She probably can, but not sure if they would do that, with data protection act. Is it a criminal or civil case? Not sure if the laws governing that are the same?

bubbling under

bubbling under

I'm not sure what criminal or civil means :redface:

Basically she owes me for the cost of major repairs to entire front of my car, plus loss of earnings and personal damages which equates to nearly £4000 :eek:

S

*Sapphire*

Err not sure myself. :unsure:

Might be best to check how far they can go tracking her down. If not it might be worth honing your supersluething skills! :cool:;)

bubbling under

bubbling under

Oh sapph.....I was relying on you to not make me feel like a dunce :D

She will not get away from this.....BU always gets her way :D;)

S

*Sapphire*

Sorry a criminal offence is where you are tried for breaking the law, a civil offence is when someone tries to sue you for damages...just not sure which one not being insured and the following court action is under.....:p

OJ Simpson was tried in a criminal court which I believe failed so then he was tried in a civil court and I believe they convicted him but I believe they could only get him for damages (as it is civil).

Last edited:
S

*Sapphire*

But America has it all wrong as they try you in your local community (which is where his main fans were and was popular with the neighnbours....)

In England you are tried in a neighbouring county usually to prevent that.