• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Unrequited love

A

Ada888

I'm in love with someone but he told me there's no chance of us being together. My heart is aching (because it makes me feel unhappy), I can't sleep at night, and I'm feeling high/down at the moment. I have bipolar disorder. It's situations like this that make me not have a boyfriend because my brain gets ill when I fall in love with someone. Hope this makes some sort of sense. Can anyone relate to this?

A

Ada888

Okay, so has anyone been in love with someone who didn't love them back?

Neferakhet

Neferakhet

It would be wrong to say love but let's say some people I wanted did not want me back.It's not a nice situation to be in.. Depending on personality if you are a proud person,your ego is hurt but it happens and when someone doesn't want or love your there is indeed little to do to change that.

R

Respecting myself

I was and it hurt like hell - took me about 10 years - him leaving the country and severing every single possible contact point with me to start the grieving process. I lived in hope and wasted a hell of a lot of time on him - but I think you need to grieve it as you would any loss.

My heart goes out to you - wouldn't want to be in that situation again. :hug:

A

Ada888

if you are a proud person,your ego is hurt but it happens and when someone doesn't want or love your there is indeed little to do to change that.
I would say I'm an emotional person and probably needy as well. I have accepted the situation, just need my heart to get mended now :cry:

A

Ada888

but I think you need to grieve it as you would any loss.
My heart goes out to you - wouldn't want to be in that situation again. :hug:
thanks for your words of experience, your situation sounds terrible compared to mine!! I hope your find happiness soon :flowers:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J People 2
M People 7
Linda1989 People 4
L People 27