Unreal argument so i'm stoppin citalapram and gonna lose family!!

S

simm78

Hi guys..I do not like how i feel whilst taking 20mg citalapram per day...my partner says i am a different person/in a good way..i am used to the old me as i lived like thast for 32yrs..i am 32yrs old now and hate how i feel on tabs..im gonna stop taking them and lose my family..stepson and biological son..i will see them regulary but not live here with them as i have messed their mums head up/my wife and she ended up on anti depressants whilst pregnant because of me..yday she went and spoke with my mum and dad to ask them to make me see sense..i lost it on the phone with my mum and threatened her and anyone else that if they mess around with my doctor or psychiatrist and get me sectioned either purposely or by accident that when im released i'd get them back really badly..people just interfere and make me seem worse than i really am...I'M JUST ME!!!

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi, how long have you been taking the citalopram for? What is it about how you feel on them that you hate? I see from your other posts that you're going to be starting a mood stabiliser as well soon. Try and hang on for a bit, for your sake and that of your family. That extra med could make all the difference, and it would be so sad to throw away a relationship because your condition isn't properly controlled yet.

Pixie37

Pixie37

Hiya simm,
When i had to go on to anti-depressants = citalopram i was very scared what they would do to me. Stopping suddenly is very dangerous due to sideeffects. At the time i didnt realise how ill i was. Someone said to me though "if you were in severe pain you would have to take painkillers, so sometimes we have to get tablets for mental illness. It takes time for ADs to kick in but citalopram has saved my life. I hope you change your mind.