• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Unprescribed diazepam

K

Keeptrying

Hi,
So I've been taking one 5mg diazepam everyday for 6 days now, my mother passed and she had so many in her purse that I took them so I could cope with sleeping etc and I suffer with terrible anxiety anyway.
Anyhow, I'm already worried about depending on them and i keep saying I'll take a day break in between and I dont. Does anyone know what my doctor will "do" if I tell them I've been taking these unprescribed? Are they as dangerous as people say?
I have quite alot left, but I am scared of what I could possibly be doing to myself as I've read very different things about it all, it doesn't help I have a naturally addictive personality anyway...
Thanks in advance

Passionflower

Passionflower

Six days is alright but any longer and you may well get addicted. They are notoriously difficult to get off once you are addicted.

K

Keeptrying

Six days is alright but any longer and you may well get addicted. They are notoriously difficult to get off once you are addicted.
Thankyou for the reply, I suppose I will just have to make sure I stop tommorow either way.

L

lifecangetbetter

its just best not to get in the habit. keep it for emergencies when you're having a really tough time