• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Unnecessary burden

P

Painismybestfriend

Ever felt like your an unnecessary burden on someone else? Or taking up space or time that you don't feel worthy of?

What did you do? Push on or withdraw?

Miho

Miho

I have this happen a lot. Eventhough I know its totaly fine with me and the other person I tend to with draw as I feel I am bothering people and annoy them

P

prsn

Ever felt like your an unnecessary burden on someone else? Or taking up space or time that you don't feel worthy of?

What did you do? Push on or withdraw?
I have never felt like that but live with someone who feels like they are a burden to me and others sometimes. It is hard to say what is the right thing to do as I do not know your situation, but I do feel you can not make anyone better by pushing, they have to come to you or whoever it is they need of their own freewill. Counselors often say it is the client who has to do the work not the counselor so if they are not ready it will not work.
Of course if you feel you are a burden on someone else I am sure that the 'someone else' can make their mind up, people walk away from relationships with people every day for many reasons or they decide to stick with someone because they love and care for them and would not leave them no matter how hard it gets, this is what makes us humans beautiful.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

It sounds like you might be jumping to conclusions and might be guilty of mind-reading. How do you know that you are a burden to this someone?

P

Painismybestfriend

Mind reading and making assumptions is exactly what it is. I guess by body language, tone of voice and facial expressions.

I just feel I'm a weight that puts more on to them without me giving enough in return.