• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

"Unknown" voice (Advice?)

vulch

vulch

so I put unknown in quotes because while I know who my voice is, I don't know why it/he is here?
I have no diagnosis that would I guess...make me feel less strange that I hear a voice, and I'm scared to properly admit I hear a voice and that it is not me,

does anyone have any advice I guess for someone who is "new" to the concept of dealing with their voice?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Without naming names who do you believe this voice is? Someone out in the real world?
And how are they speaking to you, in your mind like you own thoughts or does it sound like it's in your ears and coming from the environment? I've had both, but currently thanks to the medication I'm on it's just in my mind now.

I have my own ideas about who and what voices are but you might not be able to relate to them, I don't know. Let me know if you're up for a longish read.

But if you just want a little advice then it depends on the voice, if it's negative and overwhelming you then see a doctor and get medication, mine talks all the time and was too loud so I had to medicate him so he became much quieter and easier to cope with.

If it's positive then you'd have to hear my ideas and beliefs in order to understand him and get the most out of your relationship.

L

linus

Hi,

Seek some medical advice from a psychatrist, if you don’t have other symptoms it could be an easy treatment for the mid-term.

Daybreak

Daybreak

Learn ways to relax. Progressive Muscle Relaxation, mindfulness meditation, breath meditation, rigorous exercise can all help you relax, but there are other equally valid ways.

If you can relax, you can better deal with your voices IMHO.

vulch

vulch

Without naming names who do you believe this voice is? Someone out in the real world?
And how are they speaking to you, in your mind like you own thoughts or does it sound like it's in your ears and coming from the environment?
I believe the voice is a man who was once in the real world but since has passed, and it sounds like both to me

Seek some medical advice from a psychatrist, if you don’t have other symptoms it could be an easy treatment for the mid-term.
thats the plan! i currently am waiting to see a psychiatrist hopefully within the next few months :)

Learn ways to relax. Progressive Muscle Relaxation, mindfulness meditation, breath meditation, rigorous exercise can all help you relax, but there are other equally valid ways.

If you can relax, you can better deal with your voices IMHO.
I currently practice mindfulness and breath meditation and it does help a lot! I'm just still worried since the voice is still there after the fact 😅

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Funnyday Hearing Voices Forum 6
I Hearing Voices Forum 1
mandy125 Hearing Voices Forum 5
R Hearing Voices Forum 7
blog15 Hearing Voices Forum 1