Uni?

S

Sky_89

I'm due to start uni next week, I'm in two minds whether to go or not. I'm getting distracted by the thought of going back to work full time as the extra money will mean I could put a deposit on a house. I'm also worried about what if I don't get a job after uni, therefore I would have wasted 3 years of my life!

On the other hand I want to go to uni to because I love the subject I have chosen and want to learn more. Going to uni will boast my confidence. I don't want to look back in life and regret not going. The degree might lead to a better paid job than I have now.
I'm very bored in my current job and there is no progression.

Unique1

Unique1

Hi sky89

I hope you are able to make your decision.
It doesn't sound an easy one.

I got the impression from your post maybe the second option (uni) had more positives for you. Just going by the positives you wrote down.
Never easy to make decisions like this.
Wish you well.
Unique1 xx

S

Sky_89

Thanks Unique1 :)
I think it doesn't help when my family members are against me going to uni and filling my head with negitive thoughts :cry:

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's hard when part of you is saying one thing and another part is saying another.

It's like a Devil and Angel fighting on your shoulders.

My advice would be to try and ignore with your family is saying and listen to your heart.

If it means you need to write a pros and cons list then so be it but listen to your heart.

Sorry I can't be any proper use.

x

Unique1

Unique1

Ah no. That does make it more difficult.

I guess I would say do what you feel is best for you really.

I wish you well.
Unique1 xx

Thanks Unique1 :)
I think it doesn't help when my family members are against me going to uni and filling my head with negitive thoughts :cry:

E

Elle-X

Hey Sky, what subject are you going to be taking? Uni is a great opportunity for growth but it's not for everyone. It sounds like you're 'done' with your current job so whether you decide to go or not, moving away from that would help. It's not fair that your family are not being supportive but I would follow your heart or defer your place until next year until you're 100% certain it's the right move for you. Good luck!