• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Uni Polar disorder

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

Hi there,
I introduced myself over on the Bipolar forum, as I thought that I was showing signs of that, but after seeing my psychiatrist yesterday, she has assured me that i'm not bipolar.
I am however Uni Polar - haven't really read up on it properly yet, but just wondered if anyone has any info? From my understanding it's severe depression? :confused:

I have been bulimic for over 10 years, and came clean a year ago on 25th August - and haven't binged and purged since. Yay me! This seems to have triggered my depression off - as I no longer have my coping mechanism in place. It's got worse recently and my meds have been upped from 20mg, then to 40mg about 3 months ago, and now 60mg yesterday! :mad:

I'd like to get to know anyone over here who has/is suffering with severe depression and hope to help and get helped.

Hope that everyone is well. (y)
Lxxx

elvis the cat

elvis the cat

hi fortoolong i have just been given a diognosis of recurent depressive disorder which i also belive to be called uni- polar . i've been on several different anti - ds with differing doses . i'm now on venlfaxine and appear to be in remmission . from what i've read uni -polar is the depressive condition & bi - polar is depression & mania (highs& lows) . sorry theres not much more i know about the condition .
spotty xx:)