• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Uni Polar disorder

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

Hi there,
I introduced myself over on the Bipolar forum, as I thought that I was showing signs of that, but after seeing my psychiatrist yesterday, she has assured me that i'm not bipolar.
I am however Uni Polar - haven't really read up on it properly yet, but just wondered if anyone has any info? From my understanding it's severe depression? :confused:

I have been bulimic for over 10 years, and came clean a year ago on 25th August - and haven't binged and purged since. Yay me! This seems to have triggered my depression off - as I no longer have my coping mechanism in place. It's got worse recently and my meds have been upped from 20mg, then to 40mg about 3 months ago, and now 60mg yesterday! :mad:

I'd like to get to know anyone over here who has/is suffering with severe depression and hope to help and get helped.

Hope that everyone is well. (y)
Lxxx

elvis the cat

elvis the cat

hi fortoolong i have just been given a diognosis of recurent depressive disorder which i also belive to be called uni- polar . i've been on several different anti - ds with differing doses . i'm now on venlfaxine and appear to be in remmission . from what i've read uni -polar is the depressive condition & bi - polar is depression & mania (highs& lows) . sorry theres not much more i know about the condition .
spotty xx:)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Can't keep up with uni, depression taking all the energy out of me Depression Forum 10
C Depressed since moving to Uni, want to be happy again. Depression Forum 1
K left alone at uni Depression Forum 9
P thoughts... third year of uni. concerned Depression Forum 6
valleygirl Depressed and Struggling at Uni Depression Forum 5
N Last few months of uni and mental illness is beating me. Depression Forum 3
N Failing uni due to mental health problems Depression Forum 3
N I no longer feel I am well enough for Uni. Depression Forum 9
J Bi-polar alcoholic mother is imploding, my relationship with my wife is very difficult. Feeling very overwhelmed. Depression Forum 4
A How to explain mdd and bi polar with psychotic features to a girl you like... Depression Forum 4
N I think my boyfriend may have depression or bi polar but refuses to talk to anyone or see a doctor Depression Forum 4
B Meaning of depressive disorder NEC Depression Forum 5
K Major Depressive Disorder with Psychosis. Sad, but not alone because...VOICES! :D Depression Forum 0
N Depression and or eating disorder. How do I begin to get help? Depression Forum 13
S Eating Disorder Depression Forum 5
G i have major depression disorder having no luck Depression Forum 6
IrishinUSA I’m New Here - Major Depressive Disorder Depression Forum 25
N my eating disorder story Depression Forum 2
E Depression and Eating Disorder Depression Forum 1
F Major Depressive Disorder while working full time while trying to keep a marriage together Depression Forum 2
M I have haphephobia, depression and anxiety disorder. Help Depression Forum 5
C Recurrent Depressive Disorder/ possible bipolar Depression Forum 2
static void What's the difference between major depression and disthymia in bipolar disorder? Depression Forum 1
L Is this depression or personality disorder or something else low self esteem, strange self worth, feel fake etc... Depression Forum 2
M Basically I was diagnosed with a mood disorder Depression Forum 1
S Body dysmorphic disorder Depression Forum 8
I Depression the worst part of schizoaffective disorder. Depression Forum 1
S Breakdown. Body dysmorphic disorder. Other thoughts. Depression Forum 54
C Is he lying to me about his disorder? Depression Forum 5
V Hello dysthymia or Persistent Depressive Disorder sufferers! How to get motivated? Depression Forum 2
V Calling all dysthymia or Persistent Depressive Disorder sufferers! What's the No1 thing? Depression Forum 6
cpuusage Depression & Bipolar Disorder; Cause & Cure Depression Forum 1
L Will plastic surgery be free if I suffer from disabling agoraphobia due to my deformities and I have a disorder that caused the facial deformities? Depression Forum 3
T Unknown disorder Depression Forum 2
Solitude1 Mixed Anxiety-depressive Disorder Depression Forum 1
G I think I have an eating disorder Depression Forum 5
A Major depressive disorder sufferers ??? Depression Forum 11
G Need help in finding what disorder I have Depression Forum 7
L Is my seasonal affective disorder / depression starting again? Depression Forum 2
M tromatic stress disorder Depression Forum 1
C Concealed depression, eating disorder, suicide, self harming Depression Forum 4
*autumn* what is a personality disorder anyway? Depression Forum 12
Plantchilds reverse seasonal affective disorder? Depression Forum 2
M Depression, Frustration, and Bipolar disorder Depression Forum 5
B What's the difference between bipolar depression and regular depressive disorder? Depression Forum 9
E ACOA, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and one person Depression Forum 1
B Body Dysmopthic Disorder Depression Forum 13
C My boyfriend's depressed/has suicidal thoughts/ has bipolar disorder. How can I help him? Depression Forum 3
T My life story: Sexuality/Religion/Personal issues (It is LONG FYI) Do I have an anxiety disorder or depression what is it? Depression Forum 1
B In your opinion, what's the worst job to have when you're clinically depressed or have Bipolar Disorder? Depression Forum 4