• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Unemployment due to COVID19 and increase in hearing voices

F

FuelsMySong123

Ever since I stopped working because the childcare centre I work in closed due to the pandemic, I have been having an increase in the amount of time I hear the voices as well as their volume (becoming louder) and my delusions surrounding them.

My only real problem when I was working was thought broadcasting (e.g. thinking my coworkers could read my mind) but that did not really distress me. What did distress me was hearing the voices once I finished work while I was on the bus but, again, I could handle that.

However, lately I have been hearing them constantly and it is triggering my anxiety.

My delusions never really went away (I thought they were coming from real people). Whenever I try to talk to my parents about it, they just dismiss it and say I need to pray or something.

Someone on here recommended a medication change but I do not see my psychiatrist until mid-April.

I am planning to call my caseworker tomorrow and hopefully it will get resolved.

Any advice in the meantime?

wollie

wollie

Hi
The only way I can reduce my voices is to keep busy, I know we cant be working all the time but down time can be like taking up hobby, Im at a loose end at the moment so my voices are bad, so I am serching for some thing that interests me, may be a model or some thing.

All the best woolie.

L

Lab rat

The advice that Woolie has given is sound. I need to be busy. I was laid off on the 11 th and I’ve noticed things becoming exponentially worse since ☹

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Me too. The voices have been more active lately with all the sitting around I'm doing. When I'm more active I don't hear them as much and I don't notice them as much.