• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Unemployed graduate feeling down

J

Just-ME

it has been 5 months since i completed uni, and i haven't been able to get a job. the thing is i haven't really looked for a job, because i am struck with low moods, fear and anxiety when i try, it paralyses me :(.

i had a really tough time during my uni years, and had a mental breakdown in my final year which meant i had to repeat the year, and i did, i found the strength but now... nothing.

i feel i am letting my family and boyfriend down, as well as myself :cry:.
i avoid friends or if I see them I pretend I'm doing just fine, when actually I feel so depressed and ashamed. most days it is an effort to even get out of bed.

i'm so worried about my future, i can't go on like this...

K
:cry:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Last edited:
trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Have you been to the doctor and told him about this?

Lolli_Liability

Lolli_Liability

Helooww

Trombone babe has a point .x
Tbf you jus sound like u need some support to get urself up and going agai
and i know it not wuiet that easy
i would deffo suggest a visit to a doctor maybe for some meds or support.
If you need to talk feel free to pm mee anytime and i will try help ..x
Lauren

:hug:

J

Just-ME

i need to register with a doctor as i am have moved, it is something i want to do, i just need to find the energy. i don't like the idea of being medicated though, i'd rather not take antidepressants.

K :(

Lolli_Liability

Lolli_Liability

yeahh ii feel the same way on anti depresents tbf , although parents an others have decided they may be nessercery for me its not nice !!
Doctors wont jus madicate you if you say that u dont want them im sure they wil give u other options and methods of support.
Finding the energry is tough but maybe if u can get that final push and get going u may be okayy .
im havin the same isue myself tbf ive gone back to severly long slepps and nothink else , so i know its hard to get going .x

falling_Free

falling_Free

I can identify with this, graduated in 2008 (which wasn't an easy task considering my illness) and didn't find work for a whole year (cue the joys of new labours new deal schemes :rolleyes: for 3 months). On the dole again now struggling to find work and motivation.

I find it helps just to set yourself small goals or focus on some kind of project to try and motivate yourself a bit. With me that means I paint or work on a website or something along those lines.

Being honest though as im now into my 1st month of being unemployed again I feel myself slipping again.

J

Just-ME

i think i've just been in denial about my depression, that i'd just sort myself on my own. i feel bad that it has come to this :(, that i need to see a doctor and that it is not something i can fix on my own. i will try and find the strength to see a doctor, i know it is the right thing to do. thanks.

K

J

Just-ME

thanks falling Free i know that what you say is right. it is reassuring that i'm not the only one having difficulty. the depression really makes things even more difficult than they already are and it's a struggle.

K

falling_Free

falling_Free

Yeh I know how hard it can be to pull yourself out of these ruts. Its an old cliche but I think it just takes time more than anything else. Im not in the clear yet I still feel terrible a lot of the time with occasional periods of clearheadedness and calm. Hang in there though and see it though.

And if you feel you need to see a doctor, please do. There is no shame in it, most people at some point experience some sort of mental distress or illness at some point in their lives.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Depression Forum 4