• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Uncontrollable fear of dying

K

Kriss000777

What do you do when your thoughts rule ur daily activities?
For me its akward to be honest.As I posted earlier A week ago I had these fears of dying in my sleep etc etc.But then I realised Im being irrational and need to stop.Immediately the next day and up til now have passed 5 days no fears relating death so far.For me the problem is not to get into the void of negative thinking.If I say to myself to stop when the thoughts start to come,even during my daily activities,eventually they fade of,even if they last for a while.I try not to react to them,to give meaning or try to repress them because they come back way stronger.Say for example yesterday I was studying biology and immediately as I started reading the thoughts of dying came into my mind.This happens a lot when reading about human organisms organs,etc.I try not to think about it and focus on my studies.Eventually they go away.Also when I try to educate myself more about anxiety

Videos like this might help,also there are plenty of youtube channels related to health anxiety,fear of death,dying in sleep anxiety etc
Also the whole pandemic situations make our fears worse in my opinion,being bombarded everyday about x number of deaths or this kind of information.
Anyway hope you get better🤗

A

Anxiousalways88

For me its akward to be honest.As I posted earlier A week ago I had these fears of dying in my sleep etc etc.But then I realised Im being irrational and need to stop.Immediately the next day and up til now have passed 5 days no fears relating death so far.For me the problem is not to get into the void of negative thinking.If I say to myself to stop when the thoughts start to come,even during my daily activities,eventually they fade of,even if they last for a while.I try not to react to them,to give meaning or try to repress them because they come back way stronger.Say for example yesterday I was studying biology and immediately as I started reading the thoughts of dying came into my mind.This happens a lot when reading about human organisms organs,etc.I try not to think about it and focus on my studies.Eventually they go away.Also when I try to educate myself more about anxiety

Videos like this might help,also there are plenty of youtube channels related to health anxiety,fear of death,dying in sleep anxiety etc
Also the whole pandemic situations make our fears worse in my opinion,being bombarded everyday about x number of deaths or this kind of information.
Anyway hope you get better🤗
Me too hope i get better soon.