• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Uncertainty....

T

The Lone Dragon

It is tricky, I have been thinking about posting this for a while now, but have struggled to muster up the courage, possibly due to a lack of social engagement for the last few months, mainly due to fear.

But, I feel I should force myself, so here is an introduction:

I had a good life up until everything went wrong, although sadly that was so long ago I can't really remember who I really was, hence I have marked my life as being before everything happened, and hence after.

All I remember about my former self, was the arrogance, naivety and (to be frank) god damn stupidity I once contained. However, that is not how my friends (most of whom are former now) and family view it. They see it much more as I have downgraded, I am not who I once was, I have become, in effect a failure.

To cut the story short, I ended up with a psychiatrist, and then a different one, now on my third. And now, just to top things off, I have just been diagnosed as bipolar, I mean, (I think) I was possibly the last person to expect it....

So there you have it, I have joined this place to be able to confide in people, as, let's face it, I won't really be able to do that to anyone other than my CPN and psychiatrist. And to come to terms with my recent diagnosis.

I have heard you are all a friendly bunch....

TLD

krista

krista

welcome to the forum :)

we are nice. we understand because we experience all sorts and we can relate :)

T

The Lone Dragon

Thanks Krista :)

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

It is tricky, I have been thinking about posting this for a while now, but have struggled to muster up the courage, possibly due to a lack of social engagement for the last few months, mainly due to fear.

But, I feel I should force myself, so here is an introduction:

I had a good life up until everything went wrong, although sadly that was so long ago I can't really remember who I really was, hence I have marked my life as being before everything happened, and hence after.

All I remember about my former self, was the arrogance, naivety and (to be frank) god damn stupidity I once contained. However, that is not how my friends (most of whom are former now) and family view it. They see it much more as I have downgraded, I am not who I once was, I have become, in effect a failure.

To cut the story short, I ended up with a psychiatrist, and then a different one, now on my third. And now, just to top things off, I have just been diagnosed as bipolar, I mean, (I think) I was possibly the last person to expect it....

So there you have it, I have joined this place to be able to confide in people, as, let's face it, I won't really be able to do that to anyone other than my CPN and psychiatrist. And to come to terms with my recent diagnosis.

I have heard you are all a friendly bunch....

TLD
Hey TLD!

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Let me tell you something. You have had some struggles and faced your problems and are here with us now for support and to support others. Don't sound like a failure to me!

Welcome, we are all friends here and the only way this place can become better is if you come join us! :hug5:

T

The Lone Dragon

Thanks Davey, that means a lot...

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Lone Dragon and welcome

It can be nerve wracking when first posting but it gets easier. Just wanted to say you're not alone and there are always people here to listen and support. We're all lovely really :D

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forums. :)
Don't be nervous about posting. Nobody's here to judge - we're all here because we know what it's like to struggle with mental health.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
:welcome: TLD, good to have you here x

T

The Lone Dragon

Thanks, guys. Very nice to have had such a warm welcome :)

Thanks,

TLD

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Introduce Yourself 3