• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Uncertainty

N

NrLondonGuy

Anyone know of any good online info on how to tackle uncertainty. Its a very major theme of my OCD and was never treated fully. It affect everything in my life really. Was told by maudlsey I need to develop a greater tolerance for uncertainty when I start therpay but need to start now otherwise ? Just stuff that is written by experts who know OCD if you know what I mean. Not well enough to trawl the web at mo. I know it a bit more complicated then just that but just some generic conceptual stuff if you know what I mean just to help me until I get to therpay. When I try and hit it on the butt I feel better about everything in life and more positive etc. When I let uncertainty start creeping over - well don't even want to think about that now as forcing myself to be positive and know I must not let it take over. Thanks.

J

Julielife

uncertainty

I can understand and relate to the dreadful feeling of uncertainty. I used to feel all panicky if something was unknown or left in the open.
But I have found that once I started trusting that the Lord has it under control. God's life plan is to work out the best for you!, I found I was less worriedsome and the anxiety lessoned.

Julie