• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Uncertain

Piggypoop

Piggypoop

I'm thinking about trying out Abilify to add on to my Zyprexa but I'm not sure if it will work. My therapist asked me how things have been going between my significant other and myself and I told her that I haven't gotten into a serious argument in a couple of weeks. She then told me that I am a new woman.

She asked me if I have a hard time getting up in the morning and I told her once in a while but she wasn't paying attention to me. She now wants to see me every 2 months since I seem to be getting "better". She thinks that a couple of weeks without major arguing along with 15mg of Zyprexa and 250mg and 0.5mg of Alprazolam has cured me and I can now go on with life just like that and have no problems. She's nice and kind but she really thinks a pill will solve any issues that I have.

I use weed as an alternative medicine and it does more to help with my mood than with human made meds. I feel more relaxed, focused and less agitated. I can hold conversations with people and not have to really worry about feeling anxious being around others. Plus I'm more productive and motivated and I get most things done that I need to do, I don't feel sluggish or sad or hopeless.

Has anyone used Abilify to add on with current meds? If so does it work or do things still feel the same? I'm thinking about discussing Abilify with my therapist since I still feel a little off. I'd rather not take these meds but I'm scared that I will become more manic than before. I haven't had weed for about a week now and it sucks, so I'm trying real hard to live without it until there is some avail. I have my significant other who tries to reach out to me but sometimes I can be a little offstandish. I'm so indecisive right now.:confused:

A

Affective

I'm thinking about trying out Abilify to add on to my Zyprexa but I'm not sure if it will work. My therapist asked me how things have been going between my significant other and myself and I told her that I haven't gotten into a serious argument in a couple of weeks. She then told me that I am a new woman.

She asked me if I have a hard time getting up in the morning and I told her once in a while but she wasn't paying attention to me. She now wants to see me every 2 months since I seem to be getting "better". She thinks that a couple of weeks without major arguing along with 15mg of Zyprexa and 250mg and 0.5mg of Alprazolam has cured me and I can now go on with life just like that and have no problems. She's nice and kind but she really thinks a pill will solve any issues that I have.
That's peculiar. My team prefer that I have talking therapy before I start taking any medications.

I use weed as an alternative medicine and it does more to help with my mood than with human made meds. I feel more relaxed, focused and less agitated. I can hold conversations with people and not have to really worry about feeling anxious being around others. Plus I'm more productive and motivated and I get most things done that I need to do, I don't feel sluggish or sad or hopeless.
However, if you have Psychosis and/or a mood disorder, the likelyhood is the THC will make things far worse.
Has anyone used Abilify to add on with current meds? If so does it work or do things still feel the same? I'm thinking about discussing Abilify with my therapist since I still feel a little off. I'd rather not take these meds but I'm scared that I will become more manic than before. I haven't had weed for about a week now and it sucks, so I'm trying real hard to live without it until there is some avail. I have my significant other who tries to reach out to me but sometimes I can be a little offstandish. I'm so indecisive right now.:confused:
I was on Abilify. It stopped me hallucinating and from being deluded. I was also verbally coherent. It takes a few days to kick in, well for me it did. It has minimal side effects. It doesn't have the sedating side effects like the 2nd generation Atypical Antipsychotics do (Aripiprazole is 3rd generation Atypical Antipsychotic).