• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Unable to Concentrate on Studying

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I can't concentrate on studying due to anxiety and depression. It's reading week right now, and I have exams to study for, but I can't focus. As soon as I look at my notes my mind scatters in a million directions.

C

cally75

I can't concentrate on studying due to anxiety and depression. It's reading week right now, and I have exams to study for, but I can't focus. As soon as I look at my notes my mind scatters in a million directions.
Put some nice relaxing music in background & just focus hun. Easier said I know, exams well stressful

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Hi Prairiechick

Can you get extensions, or take your exams at a later date? :hug1:

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
you can only do your best. maybe you are putting too much pressure on yourself.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Getting extensions only makes things more stressful because once reading week is over I have something due every week until the end of the semester.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

I have found that changing the location of where I am studying sometimes helps and changing the way I write notes. :hug1:

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm no good at being a responsible adult. I am so freaking scared about life. Failing school, not being able to get a job that pays enough.

D

Decco

I can emphasize with this. i feel that i too am having problems concentrating on my studies, mostly when i am at home revising. i wonder if it is the anti-psychotic medication i am on. i tried making sure that my study area is comfortable and ergonomic. i was also having trouble with my second year and one of the professors managed to let me repeat the first year informally while i suspended my year until this coming september and ill be able to get an extra year for my student loan on medical grounds thanks to my care coordinator/cpn. hope you find a solution

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's never going to get better, is it? No matter what I do, my shit's gonna keep following me around. I will never be free of depression and anxiety until I die.

Mayfair

Mayfair

It's never going to get better, is it? No matter what I do, my shit's gonna keep following me around. I will never be free of depression and anxiety until I die.
This is 3 things PC:

It's never going to get better, is it?
I think it can.

No matter what I do, my shit's gonna keep following me around.
You can't avoid memory, but that's not to say you can find ways of fixing some things.

I will never be free of depression and anxiety until I die.
Latter: yes
Former: Probably not, I doubt any of us will.

I think both can be managed though. I'm working on them myself :)

Last edited: