• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

umm a little question

K

keidzhii

so, what can i say.. i feel like i have got no mind. so i was interesting, is it possible that anxiety is so strong that it overcomes you and your thinking and just pushes you away from you? well, i have felt anxious i think for like 6 or 7 years, started smoking weed like 2 years ago.

But recently in the times i smoke i have realized in how serious condition i am. it`s like i have got no control over myself, something just keeps fucking with my brain. I CAN`T DO ANYTHING.. ANYTHING!!!! LISTEN TO MUSIC, WATCH TV, ANYTHING!!!!!!! anyways, i have found out that weed helps me a lot, i smoke some until i feel normal, like mind is mine. But i can`t gain full "normal" feeling from weed, just a little bit like a half of it. But I definetly don`t want to live only from weed, i want to join reality again just like in my childhood. Talked with my therapist about medication, but in the last minute she chainged her mind and said that she thinks that i can handle this by myself... well i don`t think so!!!! I hope you know how an anxious mind feels like - it`s like it is not you and you can`t make any decisions, you find it hard to think and just answer to simple questions. So i will visit my therapist on thursday and i have decided to smoke some MJ before the meeting. When last time i smoked i have saved this message in my mobile phone:

"you will definetly went into that state again and even maybe won`t remember about this message but remember: WEED IS MEDICINE"

What do you think about this? what would you do in my place? it is 1 week until school and i finally want to show myself and my full skills!!! i`m really smart guy when i`m peaceful. Last school year before highschool... i really want to pass exams good but it IMPOSSIBLE when i`m in this state like out of my mind. thanks for listening. i don`t want to be a vegetable anymore

K

keidzhii

lol i didn`t even asked a question... could it be that anxiety is so strong that it overgoes myself ?

K

keidzhii

Well, but if i don`t smoke, i keep doing some shit in my head and can`t get back to normal state. considering test, i`m not addicted. Well my anxious me is not i meant :)

S

*Sapphire*

Hi keidzhii

Weed is well known to increase your anxiety. Even when you are not smoking it the unwanted side effects can be with you for some time, sometimes weeks, months, years.

If you want to decrease your anxiety it is best to eliminate substances that are likely to increase it like the weed.

Many people who smoke weed are under the impression that it is the weed that brings them back to a normal state of feeling, however this is largely not the case at all. It is a viscious circle, they smoke weed, they get anxiety, to medicate the anxiety they smoke weed. It is not until you are out of the cycle that you realise that the weed was not helping or medicating the problem at all, but in fact increasing it.

If you want to have a clear head, and show your true potential at school, weed is not likely to help with that. It is well known that weed can effect your memory and it can effect your emotions making you prone to mood swings. That is why it is illegal to drive whilst smoking it. If it gave you a clear head, made you more intelligent and more perceptive, and all the great things that people who smoke it claim to experience then surely they would legalise it, if not encourage people to smoke it whilst driving?

If you want to get to the underlying cause of your anxiety I would say a good step is to stop smoking weed, see how you get on after a few months, when it is making its way out of your system, then look at other potential causes.

In the meantime there are many things you can do to help decrease your anxiety, including doing some relaxation exercises, increasing your exercise regime, learning mindfulness, and some meditation. Cutting out caffeine in your drinks (tea, coffee, coca cola) as well as other stimulants you may take can also have a positive benefit.

Chamomile tea is known to be helpful to relax, if not a little sedating if you are having trouble sleeping, and lavendar essential oil is known to have relaxing qualities.

I hope that helps in some way. :)

A

Apotheosis

Well, but if i don`t smoke, i keep doing some shit in my head and can`t get back to normal state. considering test, i`m not addicted. Well my anxious me is not i meant :)
I said similar things for 17 years; before I admitted that I had a serious problem & was addicted to it.

K

keidzhii

but i had this feeling even before i started smoking. don`t think so that it is from weed... when i went in peace i felt it like a switch... you are going doingt That thing and somehow you stop doing it nad boom you are in peace and reality returns back to you.

A

Apotheosis

There are very good reasons & rationalisations for why some people take drugs.

& it can be well argued that maybe some people need drugs of some kind. I'm not going to get into all that.

I 'felt' a lot of stuff before I got into drugs too, & I laboured long under the idea that I was getting a lot from smoking weed, & taking other substances. I am not going to try & convince you that you are better to stop. If you enjoy it, & think that you are getting something from it - then enjoy it - have a smoke for me :)

L

lostwithout

i tend to find smoking makes me worse - i become axious over silly things and panic a little - which when stoned isn't fun - but i guess everyones different :)
if it helps then it helps in my opinion...... just be careful of the legal aspects and be aware that even if its helping your mind its probably not doing much good to the rest of you...

K

keidzhii

yesterday at night i was sitting in my head and decided to take a sheet of paper and pen and write down my thoughts.

so at first i actually couldn`t actually notice that i`m thinking something, but here is my text:

1)thought about what would i write in one forum about one video. (the ideal situation). played it in my head.

2)thought about what would tought my psychologist when she would readen one word from the first point (above).

allright i can keep this list going but you got the point. this is really annoying. i`m like so much into it that i even can`t recognise that i`m doing it sometimes. what is this thing and what should i do ?

J

jamesdean

I smoked weed in large amounts for ten years and I have to say it helped me tremdously,I dont regret having done this because my head was in such a F***d up state that it was the only way that I could get through,I had very little helpfromthe cmht team though when I came off it I was finally prescribed ad's which have been fantastic in helping with the bigger picture of depression,I have had the odd smallamounts of weed taken orally because I gave upsmoking cigarettes though the last £10of weed had no effect @all so now I wouldnt even try anymore I was offered ajoint a about amonth ago but I declined I had alittle bit off another m8 n it just kept me awake all night in a paranoid state,I much prefer a small amount of cocaine that just makes me feel a little normal n very loved upfor an evening,if I'm goingout I dont even like alchol much though Ionly ever have a coupleof pints so I can understand the atmosphere because often people are outof their tree in pubs I couldnt even imagine being anything more than alittle bit nerry to be so drunk that you are out of control is such a bizarethought now a days though that was the story of my younger adult life.
Maybe these things come with age who knows?

If its helpingyou get through then dont beat yourself up we all need a little help some times take care best wishes JD

schiz01

schiz01

I don't think smoking is going to do you any favors in the long run.Your young and have a developing mind why take the chance of stuffing it up more then it already is.
I'm afraid there is no magic bullet or easy fix for these type of things
Hard work is the only fix in my opinion.It wont be easy but you need to look inside yourself and find out what is causing you to feel anxious.What is causing this chaos and conflict with in your head that is disabling you. A therapist can help you work through these things and maybe help you discover natural and healthy ways of managing your condition.
Sure you can drug yourself legally or illegally and bury all your problems and pretend they don't exists but eventually it will come back and bite you on the ass.
Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear but that's my take on the matter

Last edited: