• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

UK Welfare Reform Deaths ~ Updated List ~ October 21st 2014

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Disgusting.
Has anybody handed this list over to an MP? Not that i'd expect a compassionate, humble response but i'd like to see them squirm nonetheless.

Kerome

Kerome

I hope this gets a more widespread airing, there are way too many names on that list.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Am sure there will be plenty more deaths, now the UK has adopted a media/propaganda campaign, social & welfare policies of pre war Nazi Germany.

How many people really give a shit anyway?

C

Chamaeleon

Am sure there will be plenty more deaths, now the UK has adopted a media/propaganda campaign, social & welfare policies of pre war Nazi Germany.

How many people really give a shit anyway?
Nobody does, you're on your own out there - no support from so called support services or nothing. If you have bro's & sisters that helps.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I know there's a lot of propaganda out there and the average citizen is quite obedient in hating on the poor.. but this is a disability benefit for people who are ill, after all.
Perhaps i'm being naive, but maybe more people would care if they knew how bad things were for people who are already suffering?
Maybe not. I don't know.

E

english rose

I think I may soon be joining it.....

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Disgusting.
Has anybody handed this list over to an MP? Not that i'd expect a compassionate, humble response but i'd like to see them squirm nonetheless.
i have written an e-mail to my MP expressing concerns as to the effects of the continuing welfare reforms are having on those with long term/enduring/severe mental health difficulties, & have included a link to the list of deaths. Will wait & see what reply i get?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

i have written an e-mail to my MP expressing concerns as to the effects of the continuing welfare reforms are having on those with long term/enduring/severe mental health difficulties, & have included a link to the list of deaths. Will wait & see what reply i get?
My local MP is actually really against this shit, but previously she'd been Vince Cable's secretary (or something like that) so unable to vote in these decisions.
Odd. But she's resigned from her secretarial stuff, so fingers crossed.

I'll be very interested in seeing what response you get. Do post it here. :)