• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Ugh, not feeling great

h_put2021

h_put2021

I was feeling good earlier, kind of anxious and had energy that was more positive, but was triggered by stress. Now I am turning more agitated, delusional (thinking certain things are so when they are not), irritable, my HR is up and I feel like I want to cry all at the same time. I tried recording my mood in my journal, but I feel out of control right now and I hate it.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi x welcome to the forum x sorry you are feeling so bad
would you like to talk more about what stressful incident triggered you?
hope you feel a bit better now x love Lu x

HLon99

HLon99

I was feeling good earlier, kind of anxious and had energy that was more positive, but was triggered by stress. Now I am turning more agitated, delusional (thinking certain things are so when they are not), irritable, my HR is up and I feel like I want to cry all at the same time. I tried recording my mood in my journal, but I feel out of control right now and I hate it.
Hello again H,

Sorry to hear you're not doing so well. I know this sounds redundant right now, but you gotta try and stay positive and trust that the treatment will work. Your mood is going haywire right now so the important thing is that you stay somewhere you feel safe and channel all the extra energy into something. I found that when I'm going through an episode exercising really helps burn away the energy and distract me from my thoughts.

Its frustrating I know, Lamotrigine takes ages to kick in, but when it does, believe me it will be worth it. Also, you really ought to consider talking to your pdoc about adding an antipsychotic.
Do try to keep track of your mood and thoughts, if you feel like you can't write in a journal right now, there is a great free app for iPhone called 'emoods'. Helps track mood, anxiety, irritability, psychotic symptoms as well as keep track of the medications that you take. And for only 0.99/month upgrade you can get tons of more premium features, like writing time stamped thought diary, custom tracking points etc. Sorry if this sounds like an infomercial lol, its just I don't know what I would do without this app.

h_put2021

h_put2021

Hello again H,

Sorry to hear you're not doing so well. I know this sounds redundant right now, but you gotta try and stay positive and trust that the treatment will work. Your mood is going haywire right now so the important thing is that you stay somewhere you feel safe and channel all the extra energy into something. I found that when I'm going through an episode exercising really helps burn away the energy and distract me from my thoughts.

Its frustrating I know, Lamotrigine takes ages to kick in, but when it does, believe me it will be worth it. Also, you really ought to consider talking to your pdoc about adding an antipsychotic.
Do try to keep track of your mood and thoughts, if you feel like you can't write in a journal right now, there is a great free app for iPhone called 'emoods'. Helps track mood, anxiety, irritability, psychotic symptoms as well as keep track of the medications that you take. And for only 0.99/month upgrade you can get tons of more premium features, like writing time stamped thought diary, custom tracking points etc. Sorry if this sounds like an infomercial lol, its just I don't know what I would do without this app.
No you are absolutely right. I have been walking A LOT to help channel my energy, as well as working on coursework and stuff. I've also been using emoods, so that's funny you suggested it! I've also been journaling my mood, symptoms, and other things that I find important, such as a potential "cycling" of my moods (rapid cycling) and what triggered it. But yes, exercise for sure has been good lately. Esp since I have SO much energy.