• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Typical vs A-Typical

W

WH433

I have been on two newer antipsychotics at once. Reduced it when back to being stable for a while.
Only typical I’ve been on was when I was stable and had no Medicare, it was chlorpromazine. I came off it ASAP when I realised that I was much more likely to get long term side effects.

Finite

Finite

@WH433 Thank you for your reply. I started out on chlorpromazine and know what you mean about the potential for long term side effects being worrying. The newer antipsychotics seem to be a bit gentler in that respect. Whatever combination you're taking currently, I hope you're stable and as well as you can be :).

Passionflower

Passionflower

I take aripiprazole and haloperidol.

I

Imager

I take olanzapine and risperdal

Finite

Finite

@Passionflower Thank you for your reply. I hope the combination you're taking is working well for you. I had trouble with Haloperidol depot injections, so that older antipsychotic is out for me, but I am hoping to find a combination that works well along with the Aripiprazole :).

Finite

Finite

@Imager Thank you for replying to the thread. It's great to know there are other people out there taking a combination of two antipsychotics and I hope the ones you're taking are doing a good job for you. I slept for something like 16 hours a day on both Risperdal and Olanzapine, when I was taking them on their own, so that combination would have knocked me out cold! Hopefully my psych will come up with a combination that works along side the Aripiprazole :).