• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Types of OCD

Falling_Fixation

Falling_Fixation

Would someone mind telling me the different types of OCD?
Even just a list will be brilliant.

T

Trekster33

Types I've found on ocduk website

Checking
Contamination
Mental contamination
Hoarding
Ruminations
Intrusive thoughts
Symmetry and orderliness

But the website acknowledges there are infinite possibilities.

I have compulsive spending, obsessive hoarding, ruminations and intrusive thoughts. Hard work managing them but now I'm aware of what makes me want to 'buy stuff I don't use' so I try and put things in place to stop me resorting to the compulsive spending.

My hoarding from when I was a kid starting with hidding my toys under my bed, when my paper favourite model broke and went in the bin while I was at school.

Hard fo describe what ruminations and Intrusive thoughts I have as they're personal to me.

I sometimes have to break biscuits into 4 pieces to eat them or eat 4 sweets at a time or 4 little cookies at a time. But that might be me trying to keep my weight down.

P

Prycejosh1987

It can be anything that becomes an obsession in a general sense.

Falling_Fixation

Falling_Fixation

Types I've found on ocduk website

Checking
Contamination
Mental contamination
Hoarding
Ruminations
Intrusive thoughts
Symmetry and orderliness

But the website acknowledges there are infinite possibilities.

I have compulsive spending, obsessive hoarding, ruminations and intrusive thoughts. Hard work managing them but now I'm aware of what makes me want to 'buy stuff I don't use' so I try and put things in place to stop me resorting to the compulsive spending.

My hoarding from when I was a kid starting with hidding my toys under my bed, when my paper favourite model broke and went in the bin while I was at school.

Hard fo describe what ruminations and Intrusive thoughts I have as they're personal to me.

I sometimes have to break biscuits into 4 pieces to eat them or eat 4 sweets at a time or 4 little cookies at a time. But that might be me trying to keep my weight down.
Omw I do the same thing with food! Except I just divide everything in multiples of 2 until it feels right haha