Two People Experience the Same Hallucination

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

So one of the recurring visual hallucinations that I have are shadow people. This morning I was playing minecraft and got that feeling they were standing behind me. Just then I noticed shadows on the wall as though there truly was someone standing in my doorway so I looked back and they weren't there or had ran off as they do. But their shadows remained so I looked again and back and again and back until I realized in the game I was being attacked by a zombie so I went back to it. I never thought anything else about it until hours later. My neice was visiting today. Some background on her. She has been in hospital and has voices and visions like I do and takes medication for her symptoms . At breakfast she told me "I saw them again today. I think they're attached to you like they follow you around" Who? I asked. "The dark things. They were standing in your door this morning." What did they look like? I asked. "Like umm shadows. Just standing there at the door." I had been trying to distract by playing the game as I felt psychotic at the time. I often see the shadow people when psychotic. And other times basically whenever they damn well please. I had never discussed shadow people with her or told her or anyone what I saw this morning. I find it odd that two people could experience the same shadow people. Thoughts? Comments?

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Thanks for that. That was actually quite helpful. I used to attempt astral projection and could at the very least reach a very deep sleep state with lucid dreams. Never occurred to me that shadow people could be an astral projection. Maybe I picked up a hitchhiker? Maybe they were checking in on me as ive been away for so long? Funny thing is this time I didn't see the shadow people. Just their shadow. Meditate on this I shall.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
maybe it is a demon and you need an exorcism.

Gajolene

Gajolene

That's really scary. I don't know if you've ever seen a show called "the dead files", but the psycic in that show has experiences with shadow people. Not sure but think in a couple episodes she tells people how to get rid of them. There was some episodes on you tube. The travel channel hosts the show..

Mister.B

Mister.B

I also experience these shadow people.

I don't think they are anything to worry about.

Although, I collided with one on the stairs once and I got a funny feeling.
I don't know if that is just because I wasn't expecting it.
Like I guess I was expecting an impact but they just passed straight through me.

SarahD

SarahD

I have read accounts on another forum by people with psychosis who say they have visual hallucinations of shadow people. I occasionally have visual hallucinations, usually of people who just look real, but have also at times seen shadowy figures.

I don't know what they are. :eek2:

Interesting.

(Many people think other psychotic experiences are caused by external forces, rather than part of a mental illness.)

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I also experience these shadow people.

I don't think they are anything to worry about.

Although, I collided with one on the stairs once and I got a funny feeling.
I don't know if that is just because I wasn't expecting it.
Like I guess I was expecting an impact but they just passed straight through me.
They have touched me before. Usually they sit on my bed and I feel the bed shift under their weight and I know its them and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Sometimes they'll touch my leg. That's not the first time ive been told I need an exorcism. Ill have to look up the dead files, but I don't really want to get rid of them.

U

unique86

shadow people are real paranormal beings
they have nothing to do with illness or drugs yet many put them down to yet cos they dont believe in the paranormal.
ive seen shadow people so as my mum and a hell of a lot of people out there have seen them.
quite commen to be honest.

rasselas.redux

rasselas.redux

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I find it odd that two people could experience the same shadow people. Thoughts? Comments?
carefully sidestepping the belief that they are real... they are real enough to you and your niece...

that you both experience similar phenomena is perhaps reducible to suggestibility... in psychosis people are very raw and imaginative and suggestible... a bit like being in a pre-hypnotic state...

do they wear clothes?