• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Two panic attax already today

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
As if my depression isn't enough to cope with a times, all I needed was the anxiety to come back too. Had two panic attacks today, one when I was driving and the other taking my Cairn Terrier for a walk. I'm so fed up with it all, sorry for going on but I need to tell someone.

Yellowcoaching

Yellowcoaching

Founding Member
Are you getting support from your GP or other health care workers?

It might be an idea to get in touch and let them know you are having these panic symptoms?

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Well I tell the GP and its "would you like to try a homeopathic remedy?" Actually the panic attacks have abated for the time being but, my depression is back with a vengeance, I just can't seem to win.

Aahbut

Aahbut

I thought the NHS had decided that homeopathy did nothing at all? I'm glad he's not my doctor.

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I wasn't aware of that but I've tried them and they don't do anything for me. Anxiety rushing through me this morning and I got to go shopping this is gonna be fun!!

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
I have a friend who suffers from panic attacks and they swear by 2 main things; keeping their blood sugar at a good level (not missing meals etc.) and doing some deep guided relaxation with a cd. When he does have them he just shuts everything else out and does his relaxation.

I can't begin to comprehend what it must be like to have an attack when you're driving. I'm glad that they haven't been so bad lately but am sorry that the depression has reasserted itself.

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I survived the shopping - just! Had a sleep this afternoon and woke up more agitated than when I nodded off. Just gotta go with the flow I guess it will go when it's ready I hope.

J

jamesdean

talking about blood sugars

having a hypo is so much like a panic attack its only by checking my blood sugars do i know which is which

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Sounds I got a good excuse for chocolate!!!

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Have you tried Bachs, Rescue Remedy. A lot of people swear by it. And it did help me when i was due to fly

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I tried it some years ago, actually they've got some new stuff out now, a cream a spray, stuff if you can't sleep and even pastilles, expensive though but if it works why not? But isn't this the sort of homeopathic route?

L

Lou17

Ive had them back recently, I stopped having them for about a year and a half after I tried out EFT treatment, you should take a lookat it, it is weird but it works really well. Im going back and trying it again.(y)

B

brody

The way i deal with panic attacks?

well at the moment I have them almost everyday on the way to work,I have to get a train and a bus, the way I deal with it is just keep thinking it's only a panic attack and no matter how bad you feel you know you will get through it, like other people have said make sure you keep your sugar levels up and try and breath deeply, Find something that could distract you, I was told to count backwards, I know it sounds silly but it stops you from talking yourself into feeling worse.

You could try yoga or a relaxtion CD which has already been mentioned :)

I have also found out from doing research on the internet that your body and mind can play tricks on you, so the more you think for example: "I can't breath or I feel dizzy" the more you will feel this way

Rescue remedy can be good but it's not for everyone

the main thing is to change the way you deal with panic attacks, give yourself a talking to for example:"I am going to be fine, nothing bad will happen to me" you may start to calm down

A panic attack will reach a peak and then you will start to calm down, when you feel at your worst you will start to calm down after this, the thing is to tell yourself this wont last forever.

I have been having panic attacks for years and I haven't found a way to not have them, but I have found a way to control them, I usually find I start having them less and less and have even gone for years without them, thing is to be open honest and talk about the way they make you feel

Hope this has helped you

Brody x x x

J

johnny ashton

Hello m8
When i have panic attacks its a frightening situation
When my stutter was severe id have at least 50 a day
My speech has improved over the last year or 2 ,i have about 10 a day ,when meeting people really .
My advice is to try and think positive and take deep breaths .
Id also have severe facial contortions and my body would freeze up .
Im hapy your making improvement .
Take care
Johnny ashton
I was an illegal drug user aswell ,ive stoppped taking all of them now and its also helped .
well at the moment I have them almost everyday on the way to work,I have to get a train and a bus, the way I deal with it is just keep thinking it's only a panic attack and no matter how bad you feel you know you will get through it, like other people have said make sure you keep your sugar levels up and try and breath deeply, Find something that could distract you, I was told to count backwards, I know it sounds silly but it stops you from talking yourself into feeling worse.

You could try yoga or a relaxtion CD which has already been mentioned :)

I have also found out from doing research on the internet that your body and mind can play tricks on you, so the more you think for example: "I can't breath or I feel dizzy" the more you will feel this way

Rescue remedy can be good but it's not for everyone

the main thing is to change the way you deal with panic attacks, give yourself a talking to for example:"I am going to be fine, nothing bad will happen to me" you may start to calm down

A panic attack will reach a peak and then you will start to calm down, when you feel at your worst you will start to calm down after this, the thing is to tell yourself this wont last forever.

I have been having panic attacks for years and I haven't found a way to not have them, but I have found a way to control them, I usually find I start having them less and less and have even gone for years without them, thing is to be open honest and talk about the way they make you feel

Hope this has helped you

Brody x x x