• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Two more years!

S

suzy

Been told today if I continue doing well over the next two years, I can come off lithium and be off meds completely

Woop woop good day :)

I was having thoughts she was going to say I would have to be on for ten years, so two years sounds manageable

S

suzy

Thanks, I just need to make sure I have no blips in these next two years or it will be three more years or so. I am very stable on it so it looks good :)

S

*Sapphire*

Hey don't beat yourself up though if you do have a blip. I always think things can be learned from our blips, don't rush yourself.

I'm glad things are stable for you. :)

T

TOONAFISH

hey thats good news!!! i am on lithium but got told i would be on it for ever. i did worry as i thought it could harm you in some way long term. so there is hope that you can come off it.

good for you tho. x

S

suzy

Sorry to hear you got told it is forever for you, everyone is a different case. It can harm only if the level is too high and becomes toxic, so just make sure you have the regular blood tests