• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Two days hypomania

M

Mikey89

Eight years ago I had a mental breakdown.which turned my life upside down, it lead into severe depression .the first month of it I was really low then I woke up in the morning and felt like the depression was gone and I was cured.i went to work feeling amazing like I was on top of the world full of energy and that I was the boss(normal colleague) I had all the symptoms of hypomania which I didn't even no what is was back then like talking fast changing subjects can't stand still talking loudly working fast.getting annoyed because no-one was working as quick as me etc .the next day I crashed straight back down in to a low state.i was like this for about one year, I had on and off hypomania symptoms.for two days which comes and goes then I got help and my pdoc gave me sertraline.100mg and never had hypomania ever again. Bipolar type 2 you need to be Hypomania for minimum one week so I wasn't in that category

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya. Have you been formally diagnosed? I wasn't clear from your post. Are you on anti depressants? They can sometimes cause this in vulnerable people. Just a thought

M

Mikey89

Hi there thanks for the reply, I have been diagnosed with adjust ment disorder with atypical depression that was eight years ago I was put on sertraline one Hundred mg

M

Mikey89

I'm not sure if that diagnosed should change because adjustment disorder should only last for six months to a year

K

Keesha

Wow! That’s a tough one and unfortunately I have no idea but wish you the best in your search for the help you need.

AnxiousE

AnxiousE

That sounds weird that they put you on AD but you experienced hypomania...but guess they were right if after the AD you didn't get more hypo. If you had bipolar, you'd more than likely would suffer more hypomania on AD.

I think I might have atypical depression too...but I still haven't ruled out bipolar2 completely. Hard to say if what I did/do experience was actually hypomania or me being ignorant with anxiety. Hard to explain. Anyway, still sorting it out. Good luck with your stuff!