Two BPD's in one relationship!

KTCarrott

KTCarrott

Hey!

Just wondering if anyone has had any successful relationships with someone else who has BPD too? Is it possible? I am 9 months into a relationship with someone with BPD too. All is going great so far, we are very supportive to one another and are very accepting of each others darkness. But I am worried that this won't last. Is it possible I may have got lucky and have found someone compatibly fucked up for me!? If that makes sense! Orrrr is this going to bite me in the arse and we will turn toxic and hurt each other? Please tell me it IS possible!?

Lunus

Lunus

Hey!

Just wondering if anyone has had any successful relationships with someone else who has BPD too? Is it possible? I am 9 months into a relationship with someone with BPD too. All is going great so far, we are very supportive to one another and are very accepting of each others darkness. But I am worried that this won't last. Is it possible I may have got lucky and have found someone compatibly fucked up for me!? If that makes sense! Orrrr is this going to bite me in the arse and we will turn toxic and hurt each other? Please tell me it IS possible!?
I would say the only people that truly understand mental illness is those that are mentally ill. Therefore to have an exact understanding of the symptoms, what triggers you and how to support one another is an excellent thing. For example my wife has never been diagnosed but has a few BPD traits, which helps her understanding and makes us stronger. I think you’re both blessed to have found one another.